In dedication of XSEED Games and the WyrdWad KKK Witch era, we present Jeff "DeuceBag" Nussbaum in his own words:

Why, if I didn't know any better, I'd say Psycho Jeff is involving/attacking innocent families of neo-geo.com fans he wants to see die and help kill [painfully]!! Remember how a defining part of the WyrdWad era was equating targets to Hitler/Nazis ? Isn't this rant a Nazi eugenicist speech ? The "superior" fat, bald, cock-flasher says certain people AND their offspring need to be eliminated for being inferior, who represent a "pollution" of the human gene pool... It sure sounds like a Nazi speech to me by Jeff here, am I wrong XSEED fans/shills ?? Looking at you, DigitalEmelas! I mean, if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, ya know ?? What do I know right? Everybody's ignoring it and other XSEED embarrassments...

Not the first time either: when one of his bosses fired him (shock!), he not only wanted him dead but implied his kids must be as horribly ugly as he is! He didn't think anyone would read his blog, but like omgfloofy says, "Know your translator..." I was also added to his kill-list when I trolled him on Kotaku's KKK Witches article (he wants me to die by an acid bath)... Another funny anecdote: while there are ambulance-chasers, Bankruptcy Jeff falls under the rare ambulance-crasher category, haha! Imagine being condemned, defamed, lied about by a complete psychotic mess of a manchild after massively cheating you who turns out was deflecting from deep mental problems & his own PR liabilities! This unhinged hypocrite bigoted bastard showing up from neo-geo.com in my forums/projects to get up on his high horse to smear me as an "embarassment" had A LOT of fucking nerve! BURN IN HELL!!

So...I finally figured out why all of XSEED/WyrdWad's friends can be credited for just about anything (including Ys Celceta DVD piracy) but I cannot (they have VERY high standards for people of good/moral character, you see):
While you are NOT credit-worthy, bold/bald/fat homicidal cock-flashers & wyrdwad pedophiles ARE 'acceptable' for being credited on XSEED Games' localizations...

Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: Ys Online  (Read 5560 times)

Offline aburas

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Ys Online
« on: Mar. 04, 2007, 08:23:40 PM »
Has anybody heard of this game?  My friend told me he read something at ing.com but doesn't say anything specific?  Does anybody have any idea whats it about?  Share your own ideas, i'd like to hear some :)

Offline Justus

• Hapless Fledgling
  • The sound guy
    • View Profile
Re: Ys Online
« Reply #1 on: Mar. 05, 2007, 11:10:10 AM »
I've been hearing about it off and on ever since Ys 6 came out 3 1/2 years ago.  I don't know how much is true, but the rumors I've heard are:

- It's being developed by a team of Falcom and South Korean online game developer eSofnet
 - It takes place 1000 years after Adol's adventures
 - Every player character is a descendant of Adol

That's all I've got.  That, and these three screenshots from Famitsu last August.

Offline Gamemusicfreak

• Hapless Fledgling
  • Game Music Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Game Music Freak
« Reply #2 on: Mar. 05, 2007, 01:46:24 PM »
I uploaded the first Ys Online trailer to youtube, if anyone hasn't seen it yet.
Top favorite game series:  Ys, Legend of Xanadu, Legend of Heroes, Final Fantasy, Chrono Series.

Top 3 Favorite Game Music Composers:  Yuzo Koshiro,
Motoi Sakuraba, Nobuo Uematsu

Offline SkyeWelse

• Global Moderator
  • Eager Initiate
  • On a quest to find Xanadu
    • View Profile
    • XyZ - A Tribute to Xak, Ys, and Zelda
« Reply #3 on: Mar. 05, 2007, 01:49:36 PM »
Gamemusicfreak beat me to the punch but you can also see it here at here.

I saw it for the first time today and it doesn't look quite that bad actually in terms of graphics and the fact that it is an MMORPG. Though it is doubtful that we'll be seeing this game playable in English form anytime soon if ever. This is a shame since I would certainly play it if I could access it easily from North American servers.

-SkyeWelse

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #4 on: Mar. 05, 2007, 02:01:14 PM »
Hey GMF, I looked at your profile just a moment ago (the quickness of your online to offline status had puzzled me) and it led me to your blog. I see that you got to meet Yuzo Koshiro and Nobuo Uematsu? I didn't realize your screename actually lives up to itself to such an extent... Heh. Anyway, that's pretty cool in a super sheeky geeky kind of way you got the chance to, I must say. ;)

On Ys Online: This is the first I've seen of those screenshots and I like what I see.

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline aburas

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Mar. 05, 2007, 03:15:16 PM »
Im not a big fan of WOW type games.  These type of games need very good internet connection and by the look of those screenshots and video, they need a very good computer which i dont have.  Guess i'll start saving, i need to catch up with the technology these days.

Offline MP83

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mar. 05, 2007, 08:23:11 PM »
Ys Online looks like any other MMORPG out there. Too bad it won't have the bump combat system used on Ys I, II and IV.

Offline Gamemusicfreak

• Hapless Fledgling
  • Game Music Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Game Music Freak
« Reply #7 on: Mar. 06, 2007, 06:11:28 AM »
Hey GMF, I looked at your profile just a moment ago (the quickness of your online to offline status had puzzled me) and it led me to your blog. I see that you got to meet Yuzo Koshiro and Nobuo Uematsu? I didn't realize your screename actually lives up to itself to such an extent... Heh. Anyway, that's pretty cool in a super sheeky geeky kind of way you got the chance to, I must say. ;)

On Ys Online: This is the first I've seen of those screenshots and I like what I see.
Hey, thanks for checking out my page. :)  I'll be heading overseas to Stockholm this June when the Play tour premieres FF VI's Dancing Mad.  I should be meeting MP83 there, too.  Looking forward to it. ;) 
Meeting Yuzo was awesome.  He said he was 18 when he did Actraiser, and I got some CDs/autographed.  He also asked me how I obtained them.  There are a lot of young pictures of him in the liner notes, and he stared at them for a while. :D 

As for Ys Online, I'd love to give it a try, given the chance.  I hope the soundtrack is good.   
« Last Edit: Mar. 06, 2007, 06:20:09 AM by Gamemusicfreak »
Top favorite game series:  Ys, Legend of Xanadu, Legend of Heroes, Final Fantasy, Chrono Series.

Offline Justus

• Hapless Fledgling
  • The sound guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Mar. 06, 2007, 11:58:26 AM »
He said he was 18 when he did Actraiser 

Wait, are you serious?  I'm not saying I think you're consciously lying you understand, but something doesn't add up.  Actraiser was in '91.  Wasn't Xanadu scenario 2 in '84?  Wouldn't that make him 11 years old when he started writing game music professionally?  If nothing else, that certainly makes him 14 when he wrote the music for Ys I (1987), unless he just wrote the Actraiser soundtrack years before the game was made.

Offline Gamemusicfreak

• Hapless Fledgling
  • Game Music Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Game Music Freak
« Reply #9 on: Mar. 06, 2007, 12:11:38 PM »
Oops, forgive me, it was 22, I don't know where the 18 came from.  I never wrote 18 anywhere else.  Maybe I was a little tired from work this morning.  His English was good, I wish I had more time to speak with him.  I was holding up the line with my CD stacks.  I really hope I can attend the upcoming Play show in Singapore, where Yuzo will DJ.   

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #10 on: Mar. 06, 2007, 01:37:31 PM »
So how old was he when he did the Ys compositions?

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline geise

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Mar. 06, 2007, 01:40:31 PM »
I've never been a big fan of esoft.net's games or most online games for that matter.  I also don't understand how you can even have an Ys online game.  After watching the trailer I don't see how this has anything to do with Ys.  I'm all for another Ys game, but this game and the Ys Strategy game kinda want to make me cry.  It's like when I saw the intro to Ys III on SNES  :~(

Offline Gamemusicfreak

• Hapless Fledgling
  • Game Music Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Game Music Freak
« Reply #12 on: Mar. 06, 2007, 01:59:43 PM »
I think the still screenshots make it look cooler than the actual footage.  Only time will tell I guess.
So how old was he when he did the Ys compositions?
There's an article that states he was recruited by Falcom at 18.
http://www.sega-16.com/Sega%20Stars-%20Yuzo%20Koshiro.php
In all the excitement, I told him what I liked about all the soundtracks I had with me, and I never asked him how old he was when he did Ys, though I mentioned loving Ys several times.  Really, I was a bit over excited probably.  It's pretty funny, I was quite nervous.  Picture a series of tables and sitting there nearly every game music composer you've ever wanted to meet.  If I have an opportunity to meet him again, wich could happen if I can go to Singapore, I'll try to speak to him more.     

Offline geise

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Mar. 06, 2007, 02:13:14 PM »
That's very cool you got to meet him in person.  I used to talk to him through email when I used to email Ancient about stuff.  He said he's one of the few (besides his sister) at the company that spoke and wrote English fluently, so he used to respond to all my emails.  He's a very nice person and an amazing composer.  That's so cool you got to meet him.  Actraiser, Streets of Rage 1-2, and Super Adventure Island are my favorites besides the Ys music.  I wonder how accurate the Wiki is on him http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ys_%28video_game%29  I'm surprised he helped work on Portrait of Ruin.

Offline Jan Sauer

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
    • Xenosaga Episodio 3: En castellano
« Reply #14 on: Mar. 17, 2007, 11:28:05 AM »
I have founded more screens in more resolution:

http://www.4gamer.net/news.php?url=/shots/ys_ol/shot01.shtml
Las verdades se fabrican a partir de pequeñas mentiras.

Offline Agent_K64

• Hapless Fledgling
  • Hax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Mar. 27, 2007, 02:28:39 PM »
Those screenshots look pretty. But, it's a Korean-made MMORPG, so you can expect to have to spend hours grinding each day to get to a decent level.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.