In dedication of XSEED Games and the WyrdWad KKK Witch era, we present Jeff "DeuceBag" Nussbaum in his own words:

Why, if I didn't know any better, I'd say Psycho Jeff is involving/attacking innocent families of neo-geo.com fans he wants to see die and help kill [painfully]!! Remember how a defining part of the WyrdWad era was equating targets to Hitler/Nazis ? Isn't this rant a Nazi eugenicist speech ? The "superior" fat, bald, cock-flasher says certain people AND their offspring need to be eliminated for being inferior, who represent a "pollution" of the human gene pool... It sure sounds like a Nazi speech to me by Jeff here, am I wrong XSEED fans/shills ?? Looking at you, DigitalEmelas! I mean, if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, ya know ?? What do I know right? Everybody's ignoring it and other XSEED embarrassments...

Not the first time either: when one of his bosses fired him (shock!), he not only wanted him dead but implied his kids must be as horribly ugly as he is! He didn't think anyone would read his blog, but like omgfloofy says, "Know your translator..." I was also added to his kill-list when I trolled him on Kotaku's KKK Witches article (he wants me to die by an acid bath)... Another funny anecdote: while there are ambulance-chasers, Bankruptcy Jeff falls under the rare ambulance-crasher category, haha! Imagine being condemned, defamed, lied about by a complete psychotic mess of a manchild after massively cheating you who turns out was deflecting from deep mental problems & his own PR liabilities! This unhinged hypocrite bigoted bastard showing up from neo-geo.com in my forums/projects to get up on his high horse to smear me as an "embarassment" had A LOT of fucking nerve! BURN IN HELL!!

So...I finally figured out why all of XSEED/WyrdWad's friends can be credited for just about anything (including Ys Celceta DVD piracy) but I cannot (they have VERY high standards for people of good/moral character, you see):
While you are NOT credit-worthy, bold/bald/fat homicidal cock-flashers & wyrdwad pedophiles ARE 'acceptable' for being credited on XSEED Games' localizations...

Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: Hobbies other than Ys.  (Read 6177 times)

Offline rocket

• Always an Ys Fan!
  • Eager Initiate
  • Which way to the sword shop?
    • View Profile
    • Ys I & II COMPLETE Bonus Item and Event Website
Hobbies other than Ys.
« on: Mar. 23, 2009, 10:10:37 PM »
What are some of your hobbies other then Ys?
Someone once said being #1 just ain't realistic.

Ys I & II COMPLETE Bonus Item and Event Website

https://www.ysutopia.net/projects/yscomplete/bonus/

Offline X-Calibar

• Experienced Guildsman
  • Gustave
    • View Profile
Re: Hobbies other than Ys.
« Reply #1 on: Mar. 24, 2009, 01:52:23 AM »
Getting involved in game translation projects or modding/customizing games!  That or wasting a lot of time being lazy...

Offline rocket

• Always an Ys Fan!
  • Eager Initiate
  • Which way to the sword shop?
    • View Profile
    • Ys I & II COMPLETE Bonus Item and Event Website
« Reply #2 on: Mar. 27, 2009, 04:40:57 PM »
pinball.  it is a fun little hobby
Someone once said being #1 just ain't realistic.

Ys I & II COMPLETE Bonus Item and Event Website

https://www.ysutopia.net/projects/yscomplete/bonus/

Offline duke4711

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar. 27, 2009, 07:03:28 PM »
I like God of War, all three of them. It's a pain in the ass trying to beat any of those on God Mode.
Great spirits have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds.
-Albert Einstein

Offline Agent_K64

• Hapless Fledgling
  • Hax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar. 27, 2009, 10:24:29 PM »
I've been wasting time in MMORPGs. Been playing MapleStory since 2004 or so, but quit that a while ago. I picked up Mabinogi a few months ago, and I think it's a pretty darn cool game. :P

Ahem..it was their idea. (I'm Yoorah there.)

Other than that, I love messing with computers in general, reading about computer hardware, and the like. I used to be into game development, but that hobby got killed off when I started wasting time in MMORPGs. ;_;
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Offline TDOMMX

• Eager Initiate
  • I won't give up.
    • View Profile
    • Darkside Translations
« Reply #5 on: Mar. 27, 2009, 10:55:45 PM »
I've got quite a few, actually.  I'm a gamer, an anime fan, a visual novel enthusiast, a game / VN translator, a martial artist (a black belt in karate -- albeit an out-of-practice one as of late), a programmer, a (novice) graphic artist, and an all-around jack-of-all-trades.  Since my final semester in university and my current translation project are taking up most of my time, I'm not up-to-speed on the latest anime titles (I intend to catch up on that once I graduate 2-3 months from now).  What little game time I get each week is made during my commutes.  I'm hoping I'll be able to enjoy my massive backlog of stuff once I've closed the book (no pun intended) on my academic career.
This is TDOMMX (formerly Magus0857) signing out.

Offline Waverider

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Apr. 06, 2009, 05:01:41 PM »
I surf and I collect Transformers. It's a pretty big contrast from one another...  O0

Offline X-Calibar

• Experienced Guildsman
  • Gustave
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Apr. 06, 2009, 05:33:15 PM »
woot!  Transformers..!  They don't make em like they used to though...

@Agent_K64
Mmmm I haven't played a MMORPG since a free trial of Ragnarok Online..!  Seeing that screenshot makes me wonder what I'm missing out on  ;D

And @TDOMMX, congrats in advance with graduation approaching :D

Offline Waverider

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Apr. 06, 2009, 07:23:13 PM »
woot!  Transformers..!  They don't make em like they used to though...

@Agent_K64
Mmmm I haven't played a MMORPG since a free trial of Ragnarok Online..!  Seeing that screenshot makes me wonder what I'm missing out on  ;D

You should check out the "Masterpiece" series from Japan. The Megatron figure alone will get you shot in the U.S. if you're waving it around in public.  :o

http://www.seibertron.com/toys/gallery.php?id=1141&size=0&start=25
« Last Edit: Apr. 06, 2009, 07:28:50 PM by Waverider »

Offline Justus

• Hapless Fledgling
  • The sound guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Apr. 07, 2009, 10:04:42 AM »
Electronics is big for me right now.  Fixing things and inventing things.

Music has always been a very big part of my life too.  Writing music, playing my violin, learning piano, guitar, and drums, as well as recording, production, and post-production of audio.  Though actually I don't know if I can call it a hobby since I'm a professional.

Ever since I discovered that it makes me about 10 times better at the violin, I've been really into Yoga too.

I read a lot.  It used to be mostly sci-fi crap, but as I've gotten older, I've gotten more into classic literature as well as more instructive books.  I'm currently reading Don Quixote.

I used to watch anime and read manga, but I stopped a couple of years ago.  I don't have any particular hatred of the medium, but after some radical personality changes I went through, I found that I just can't relate to it meaningfully anymore.  I wouldn't say anything as condescending as "I outgrew it" though.

I also don't play video games as much as I used to.  For instance, the ones that are basically like watching anime (for the above mentioned reasons).  But I still find enough games I enjoy to still call myself a gamer.

Offline Gillian Seed

• Snatcher Killer
  • Eager Initiate
  • Silly Vip
    • View Profile
    • Gillian Seed's Site
« Reply #10 on: Apr. 07, 2009, 10:42:57 AM »
Magic and Card Manipulations : Since 2006. I have a lot of books, dvds and materials. 99% Card magic (I also know a bit of coin magic). I have like two hundreds decks. It's a time consuming hobby, but I love it.

Sports : I like playing basketball when I can. Swimming in summer, and cycling too.

I like reading books : Novels, Math books (from the beginning to the end, doing all the exercises and taking notes), and I often read magic books of course.

Chess : I play from time to time against my father or against the computer (using Fritz 10). I'm not that good since I don't play that much. I also give some courses to the children at school (I'm a math teacher).

Drawing : I draw from time to time, following a course in a book.

Coding & Reverse Engineering : I like coding a few stuff sometimes (mostly asm) or reversing. Not as much active as ten years ago.

Movies : I go at least once or twice to the movie theater every week. I have a pass card to watch as much movies as I want. I prefer original versions with subtitles over french versions.

Opera : Since last september, I often go the Opera. So far I've seen Rigoletto, Madama Butterfly and Idomeneo. I always read the libretto before and get as much information to fully understand the story and music. Two more operas to see in may (un ballo in maschera and Macbeth both from Verdi). This is a quite expensive hobby.

Restaurants : Since I mostly eat the same stuff every week, I often go to the restaurant. I try to find some of the best tables, and there are several of them because I live in Paris.

"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't ... "

Offline TDOMMX

• Eager Initiate
  • I won't give up.
    • View Profile
    • Darkside Translations
« Reply #11 on: Apr. 07, 2009, 04:10:01 PM »

Why, thank you.  You deserve a cookie.

Cookie [Consumable]

A baked homemade treat.  Permanently increases karma by 3.

Just when I think I'm not much of a gamer geek anymore...
« Last Edit: Apr. 07, 2009, 05:24:37 PM by TDOMMX »

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #12 on: Apr. 08, 2009, 02:02:28 AM »
Hey, that's pretty cool Gillian! A French renaissance man, huh? We've talked a whole bunch over the years on IM and I didn't even know some of that stuff about ya.

I'll add my bit when I get back in the mood. I had started to write something up, but distractions kept me from finishing.

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline TDOMMX

• Eager Initiate
  • I won't give up.
    • View Profile
    • Darkside Translations
« Reply #13 on: Apr. 08, 2009, 07:07:49 AM »
Magic and Card Manipulations : Since 2006. I have a lot of books, dvds and materials. 99% Card magic (I also know a bit of coin magic). I have like two hundreds decks. It's a time consuming hobby, but I love it.

Sports : I like playing basketball when I can. Swimming in summer, and cycling too.

I like reading books : Novels, Math books (from the beginning to the end, doing all the exercises and taking notes), and I often read magic books of course.

Chess : I play from time to time against my father or against the computer (using Fritz 10). I'm not that good since I don't play that much. I also give some courses to the children at school (I'm a math teacher).

Drawing : I draw from time to time, following a course in a book.

Coding & Reverse Engineering : I like coding a few stuff sometimes (mostly asm) or reversing. Not as much active as ten years ago.

Movies : I go at least once or twice to the movie theater every week. I have a pass card to watch as much movies as I want. I prefer original versions with subtitles over french versions.

Opera : Since last september, I often go the Opera. So far I've seen Rigoletto, Madama Butterfly and Idomeneo. I always read the libretto before and get as much information to fully understand the story and music. Two more operas to see in may (un ballo in maschera and Macbeth both from Verdi). This is a quite expensive hobby.

Restaurants : Since I mostly eat the same stuff every week, I often go to the restaurant. I try to find some of the best tables, and there are several of them because I live in Paris.
He... Vous etes un parisien?  Je n'avais aucune idee...  Et un enseignant aussi...  Moi, je suis quebecois, mais souvent j'evite a parler le francais grace aux lois ridicules de l'office de la langue francaise...

[Translation for the others:  Hey!  You're a Parisian?  I had no idea...  And a teacher, no less...  Me, I'm a Quebecer, but I more often than not avoid speaking French to spite the ridiculous laws passed by l'Office de la Language Francaise ("The French Language Office")...]

FYI:  The OLF is officially a government body for the preservation of the French language.  However, the gist the bills that have been passed state that French must be so much bigger than English on public signs and the like.  Failure to respect these incurs a hefty fine (though other languages can be the same size without penalty).  This is among the reasons why, if Quebec ends up separating from Canada, I'm moving back to Canada.

I used to be great at chess (won a tournament back when I was in Boy Scouts...), but I don't play often and thus my skills took quite a hit.  I'm not much a strategist, nor am I very good at manipulating others.  I guess I'm a little too straightforward to be an effective player...  I've played quite a few games since back then, but I only won once (...it was a draw far more often than I would like...).

Though I guess this might be obvious, I'll ask anyway:  what is your favorite kind of cuisine?  Personally, I'm a fan of Italian and Asian cuisine (a Chinese buffet not too far from my place has the absolute best General Tao I've ever tasted, and I visit a lot of Chinese places...).  The last time I tried French, it was pretty decent, but it certainly wasn't among my favorites...

Offline esteban666

• Eager Initiate
  • "Swing the Glove to Exit" -Jackie Chan POWERBOXING
    • View Profile
    • TurboPlay Magazine Archives
« Reply #14 on: Apr. 15, 2009, 09:09:32 AM »
I actually visited the forums a few days ago (yay!), but lost my wifi just prior to posting in this thread (damn). Disgusted, I closed the browser instead of saving my post.

"Idiot," I said to myself.

So here is my new, generic contribution to the thread:

Creative outlet: All things TurboGrafx-16 / PC-Engine is my main hobby, though lately I've been reduced to simply making desktop wallpaper (it's fun, but my pseudo-artistic endeavors are my way of procrastinating / avoiding other projects I am working on)...

Sadly, I don't have much free time these days...

Passive: All the banal things one would expect (i.e., listen, read and watch an eclectic mix of music, books and films).

I enjoy high brow and low brow...from Bach to Born Against, from Blakes 7 to Charles Bronson, from Shakespeare to The Three Investigators, etc. etc.

|    |