In dedication of XSEED Games and the WyrdWad KKK Witch era, we present Jeff "DeuceBag" Nussbaum in his own words:

Why, if I didn't know any better, I'd say Psycho Jeff is involving/attacking the innocent families of neo-geo.com fans he wants to see die and help kill [painfully]!! Not the first time: when one of his bosses fired him (shock!), he not only wanted him dead but implied his kids must be as horribly ugly as he is! He didn't think anyone would read his blog, but like omgfloofy says, "Know your translator..." Another funny anecdote: while there are ambulance-chasers, Bankruptcy Jeff falls under the rare ambulance-crasher category, haha! Imagine being condemned, defamed, lied about by a complete psychotic mess of a manchild after massively cheating you who turns out was deflecting from deep mental problems & his own PR liabilities! This unhinged hypocrite bigoted bastard showing up from neo-geo.com in my forums/projects to get up on his high horse to smear me as an "embarassment" had A LOT of fucking nerve! BURN IN HELL!!

So...I finally figured out why all of XSEED/WyrdWad's friends can be credited for just about anything (including Ys Celceta DVD piracy) but I cannot (they have VERY high standards for people of good/moral character, you see):
Only bold/bald/fat homicidal cock-flashers & wyrdwad pedophiles are 'acceptable' for being credited on XSEED Games' localizations...

Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: Learning Japanese?  (Read 2559 times)

Offline Guile

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Learning Japanese?
« on: Jun. 11, 2006, 04:27:46 PM »
Hey, I figured since I always had a strong interest on the Japanese language, how hard would it be to learn japanese? I already learned most Katakana and some Hiragana, but only about 10 kanji characters, I know that theres over 3k kanji. I figured the game will ease it up(since thats how I learned english, from games  :)), my question is about how long will it take to learn to read japanese and how did you guys learned to read it?

Offline Seldane

• Dulk Dekt
  • Seasoned Veteran
  • Maayti
    • View Profile
    • Ancient Land of Ys
Re: Learning Japanese?
« Reply #1 on: Jun. 12, 2006, 05:55:45 AM »
Is this really the place?
DVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:

Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: ! Sir, the door was open.

Offline Guile

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun. 12, 2006, 06:36:01 AM »
oops I meant to post it the general section, I could swear I did too, aw well >_>

Offline Seldane

• Dulk Dekt
  • Seasoned Veteran
  • Maayti
    • View Profile
    • Ancient Land of Ys
« Reply #3 on: Jun. 12, 2006, 08:48:34 AM »
He he he, well that's what happens. ;)
DVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:

Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: ! Sir, the door was open.

Offline SkyeWelse

• Global Moderator
  • Eager Initiate
  • On a quest to find Xanadu
    • View Profile
    • XyZ - A Tribute to Xak, Ys, and Zelda
« Reply #4 on: Jun. 12, 2006, 03:29:41 PM »
I'm sure this will eventually get moved where its supposed to go.

I'm a student of the Japanese language myself, however I'm not nearly good enough for translation work... yet. I would say that for me, the best way to learn Japanese would be to try and take a college course.

Of course, the easiest and probably most preferred way is to just go live in Japan for awhile and pick it up as you go, but not all of us have that capability unfortunately. I sure didn't.

You can always find textbooks that teach you a little Japanese a bit, but even text books only go so far as you will need to speak directly to a native Japanese speaking person to make sure you are getting particles and grammar correct as well as pronunciation, but its a start.

But most importantly try to stick with textbooks and books that are designed to help you with the langauge of Japanese rather then getting your education from sources like Anime and Games. If you do that you might start saying something that is far from "tenego" or polite form or just plain rude and end up offending someone or just plain sounding weird.

I mean it sounds cool when "Lord Darm" says "ware ware" as the equivalent of "I/We" or in the context of "We Demons", but if you introduced you or your friends as "ware ware" rather than something normal like "watashi" then people will just look at you funny. lol In other words, anime and game "kotoba" or words aren't really all that practical in the use of everyday use of Japanese.

The only other real advice I can give is that not all Japanese people out there like to be bothered with someone who is trying to learn the language. Regardless whether your intentions are well placed, or even that you have a great deal of respect and honest interest in learning the language, you will most likely come off as butchering their langauge and might end up annoying them unless you pretty much know that the person won't be bothered if you speak Japanese to them or you are pretty confident that what you are about to say is at least 75% correct. lol

Good luck though, it's a fun but fairly difficult language to pick up. But if you stick with it you'll find that it has a lot of practical applications in the gaming scene and industry as a whole.

-SkyeWelse
« Last Edit: Jun. 12, 2006, 03:30:37 PM by SkyeWelse »

Offline Haven

• Dennis Pulido
  • Hapless Fledgling
  • Who knows? The Shadow knows!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun. 12, 2006, 04:12:02 PM »

Guys if you wanna learn Japanese, just go to YesJapan.com

Probably the smartest thing I spent my money on (I can read hiragana and katakana now)

Offline Pingu

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jul. 22, 2006, 07:01:51 PM »
If you really want to learn it the easy way, get a teacher, a real one. Fastest way, less silly quirks you have to unlearn and relearn and you actually speak it instead of just being able to read some and failing to understand how the grammar works.