In dedication of XSEED Games and the WyrdWad KKK Witch era, we present Jeff "DeuceBag" Nussbaum in his own words:

Why, if I didn't know any better, I'd say Psycho Jeff is involving/attacking the innocent families of neo-geo.com fans he wants to see die and help kill [painfully]!! Not the first time: when one of his bosses fired him (shock!), he not only wanted him dead but implied his kids must be as horribly ugly as he is! He didn't think anyone would read his blog, but like omgfloofy says, "Know your translator..." Another funny anecdote: while there are ambulance-chasers, Bankruptcy Jeff falls under the rare ambulance-crasher category, haha! Imagine being condemned, defamed, lied about by a complete psychotic mess of a manchild after massively cheating you who turns out was deflecting from deep mental problems & his own PR liabilities! This unhinged hypocrite bigoted bastard showing up from neo-geo.com in my forums/projects to get up on his high horse to smear me as an "embarassment" had A LOT of fucking nerve! BURN IN HELL!!

So...I finally figured out why all of XSEED/WyrdWad's friends can be credited for just about anything (including Ys Celceta DVD piracy) but I cannot (they have VERY high standards for people of good/moral character, you see):
Only bold/bald/fat homicidal cock-flashers & wyrdwad pedophiles are 'acceptable' for being credited on XSEED Games' localizations...

Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: Need some help on getting Mixed Audio CD to work.  (Read 1540 times)

Offline Zoel

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Need some help on getting Mixed Audio CD to work.
« on: Jan. 18, 2007, 04:13:11 PM »
Well i having this trouble with my newer computers,  i can't read mixed audio cd or something. Because i'm getting no sound whatsoever when playing a real PC engine game on emulator. Either if it's a mounted image or a Real CD.  It works on my old computer fine, but i can't get it to work on this one. I remember that by updating the ASPI driver or something like got it to work on the previous computer , however this time MAGIC engine still produce no sound.

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
Re: Need some help on getting Mixed Audio CD to work.
« Reply #1 on: Jan. 18, 2007, 07:35:13 PM »
Wait, you're asking for support for the MagicEngine emulator? You have better chances of getting help on the official forum: http://forums.magicengine.com/en/index.php

But anyhow, there's a few things to try off the top. Check the log.txt that's written to everytime you run pce.exe. That can give you a clue as to if sound support is being initialized properly or not. Secondly, with daemon tools, right click the red tray icon on your bottom right tray bar, select options, and make sure "Analog audio" is checked. If it is not, that's typically why you wouldn't be getting CD-DA audio when playing a mounted disc image. This is with Daemon Tools 3.47 or less. I dunno how it is with the newer versions. Thirdly, you gotta use CD player software and insert any music CD or what have you, and make sure you can play any audio track. If you can't play a CD with CD Player software, then it's not going to work with MagicEngine either, so fixing there, will fix it for MagicEngine. There is a cable that's supposed to connect your CD/DVD drive to your sound card also for analog mode. If that's missing, that's another reason why it wouldn't work.

*takes breath*

Another thing, make sure you're booting with a REAL System Card 3 and not the Magic System cards as they cause sound problems and aren't 100% reliable. You can get those from here: http://rigg.servegame.com/software/SYSCARDS.rar

Just put them in the same folder as pce.exe and it'll recognize them. Finally, make sure you're using the latest emulator, verison 1.00 PR 10. That would be this: http://www.magicengine.com/files/me100-english-pr10.zip

Was that the version you were using to begin with?

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline Zoel

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan. 19, 2007, 12:57:34 AM »
Sorry for not being really specfic, it's Magic engine 0.98 and 0.99
they used to work perfect on the old pc but i just have trouble on the new pc.
Well i tested the mounted image using Analog audio and it works perfect.
however the CD drive still suffer from, this problems because i'm getting no audio from that. There could be one possibiity , when i use TURBORIP it say it can't rip because it was unable to read the sub codes. could that be one of the main factors to this trouble?

Well thanks for the help Nightwolve

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #3 on: Jan. 19, 2007, 01:20:51 AM »
The physical CD drive not working is probably due to the lack of a cable from the drive to your sound card, and really, there's no reason to continue to use .98/.99 unless you're using a pirated key and found that the new PR10 version blocked it out... And that's typically why you have holdouts still using old, obselete versions. This would also explain why you didn't seek tech support on the official board I gather... At least there was some shame unlike others who do pirate Michel's work and have the nerve to show up on his board wanting help. Heh.

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!