In dedication of XSEED Games and the WyrdWad KKK Witch era, we present Jeff "DeuceBag" Nussbaum in his own words:

Why, if I didn't know any better, I'd say Psycho Jeff is involving/attacking the innocent families of neo-geo.com fans he wants to see die and help kill [painfully]!! Not the first time: when one of his bosses fired him (shock!), he not only wanted him dead but implied his kids must be as horribly ugly as he is! He didn't think anyone would read his blog, but like omgfloofy says, "Know your translator..." Another funny anecdote: while there are ambulance-chasers, Bankruptcy Jeff falls under the rare ambulance-crasher category, haha! Imagine being condemned, defamed, lied about by a complete psychotic mess of a manchild after massively cheating you who turns out was deflecting from deep mental problems & his own PR liabilities! This unhinged hypocrite bigoted bastard showing up from neo-geo.com in my forums/projects to get up on his high horse to smear me as an "embarassment" had A LOT of fucking nerve! BURN IN HELL!!

So...I finally figured out why all of XSEED/WyrdWad's friends can be credited for just about anything (including Ys Celceta DVD piracy) but I cannot (they have VERY high standards for people of good/moral character, you see):
Only bold/bald/fat homicidal cock-flashers & wyrdwad pedophiles are 'acceptable' for being credited on XSEED Games' localizations...

Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: The cursor of the mouse slow dawn the game  (Read 5526 times)

Offline Jan Sauer

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
    • Xenosaga Episodio 3: En castellano
The cursor of the mouse slow dawn the game
« on: Dec. 11, 2006, 01:13:26 PM »
Hi there^^

I'm new here, i'm very happy to have found a site dedicated to Ys, and much more that you work in translate the games, i'm love it^^

Well, get at the point, i'm have a serious problem with The oath in felghana from PC, actually i'm playing it with Playstation 2 Dualshock, it's really enjoyable playing it, but mouse's cursor slow dawn the framerate, is also how i'm playing in Matrix mode XD i can't play it in full screen mode. The solution at the moment is playing no full screen mode and each screen load, i have to get out the cursor of the window to play it normally.

have you the same problem? It's a nuisance move all the time the mouse, maybe some of us have the same problem and you have solved it.

_ _ _ _ _ _

Hola!

Soy un jugador español que maneja a medias el inglés, asi que escribire el post en ambos idiomas por si hay por aqui algun hispanoablante.

Vereis, el problema que tengo con the oath in felghana es que se ralentiza mucho a causa del cursor, no puedo jugar en pantalla completa por lo mismo, y de la otra manera tengo que estar sacando el cursor del ratón fuera de la pantalla en un sitio estratejico, por si no lo he dicho juego con el mando de la PS2. No se si se habra dado el caso a alguno de vosotros, y si fuera asi, si lo habeis correjido de raiz. Es un engorro que cada pantalla tenga que estar sacando el cursor fuera de la pantalla.

Un saludo!
Las verdades se fabrican a partir de pequeñas mentiras.

Offline Jan Sauer

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Re: The cursor of the mouse slow dawn the game
« Reply #1 on: Jan. 05, 2007, 02:45:19 PM »
i have already uploaded a video in You Tube with the problem. Please check it.

Offline jpxtreme

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan. 05, 2007, 05:25:35 PM »
Hi, I've seen your video, it seems you are using your cd/dvd drive to play this game. I think it might slowdown the game because data must be read from the disk and the transferring of data might causes a lag. I recommend you to create an image of the disk and mount it using Daemon tools, here's direct download link for you http://www.disk-tools.com/request?p=efa7dcde0805ef984b7f0a5a3f5200ab/daemon408-x86.exe,
from their website www.daemon-tools.cc. It ables the game to read from the hdd which is absolutely fast. I hope that will solve your issue. Enjoy the game, Ys R0cKs!!!

Offline Jan Sauer

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan. 06, 2007, 04:19:18 AM »
Umm, may be, but not, because all the dates there are in the HDD, the game acces to CD only at the start when check if the CDgame is in the dvd drive.

What i need is disable the cursor so he don't return to inside the window, is him the guilty T_T

Thanks for interesting^^

Offline Dankrigannon

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan. 06, 2007, 09:25:18 PM »
Ya... Jpxtreme are you using a downloaded iso of the game??? Not many people with the purchased game would make a image out of it just to mount it into daemon tools... There is also a no-dvd patch.   Support falcom man...  No its cool, do what u wanna do..

Well anyways if you have a dual core processor, that might be the reason.  If you do, when you start the game press cntrl alt delete, and right click on the YsO.exe and click go to process.  then right click on the process and go to set affinity.  and pick one of the processing cores.  when it tries to play using 2 processing cores it doesnt know which one to use, and you get lag... so un-check one of the cpus.  That is if you have a dual core processor... if not, I dont know what is wrong. 
« Last Edit: Jan. 06, 2007, 09:30:37 PM by Dankrigannon »
To Make the End of Battle

Offline Jan Sauer

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan. 07, 2007, 06:20:19 AM »
Well anyways if you have a dual core processor, that might be the reason.

No, it's a AMD K7 running at 2GZ (1666 + 440), but i will try it.

Normally ¿how do you play the game? I need the game pad because i always play with it, i'm very bad with mouse and keyboard. The multitap that I'm using to conect DualShock 2 to PC is handmade, conected by COM 1 to the PC, the drivers are maded to run only in Xp SO. I don't have any problems with others games.

may be there are in configuration some apart to disable de mouse, if any of us  have patched Felghana to enghlis, can you take a look?

Offline zaratus

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan. 07, 2007, 02:04:49 PM »
I haven't seen any options to disable the mouse.  I'm wondering if it isn't the mouse settings on your own computer.

Maybe the "Snap To" setting, or pointer trails? 

I dunno, it doesn't seem like there should be any reason for it to be doing that. 

Offline Dankrigannon

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan. 07, 2007, 09:05:08 PM »
It could be that the game doesnt fully recognize your controler because it is a homemade multitap, and doesnt know which one to register.  Try buying an xbox 360 wired controler.  I use that and it is the best investment I have ever made for pc games.  It works perfectly.  I also have an amd processor. 

try playing the game in full screne so your mouse isnt  in the way of the game.... and turn off all the high res effects...
« Last Edit: Jan. 07, 2007, 09:18:33 PM by Dankrigannon »
To Make the End of Battle

Offline Gwyrgyn Blood

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jan. 07, 2007, 09:24:13 PM »
Alternatively, you can just buy a new PS2 > USB converter from Radio Shack. The new ones (solid black) are really good. However, I don't really suspect that's the problem. Do you have the same frame rate issues without the gamepad device plugged in?

You might check your video card drivers to see if they are up to date (rarely ever hurts to keep up to date). Also you should check your DirectX Dialog to make sure your drivers are OKAY and working fine. You can also try checking and tweaking the settings in your DirectX Control Panel (which you can download here).

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #9 on: Jan. 08, 2007, 03:00:21 PM »
Why can't you start it in fullscreen mode? You getting an out of video memory error? If I'm not mistaken, you need to run the Setup program and use the 4 defaut video setup buttons to lower the video quality features. Try clicking the Medium button, hitting OK and then running the game. Here's an attached image, but note that this image does not correspond exactly to the Japanese version of this utility because I had to move certain check boxes around to make it all fit nicely. So you can't accurately use this as a reference. Just use it for those buttons I'm talking about. Lowering the video settings should let you start it in fullscreen mode.

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline Gwyrgyn Blood

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jan. 08, 2007, 03:39:22 PM »
I think the idea is that when the mouse cursor is hovering on the game window, it slows the game down. In full screen mode, you can't move the cursor anywhere that wouldn't be in the game window. It sounds video card or DirectX related to me honestly. Some old games have toggles for mouse pointer options (such as no hardware accel. mode).

There is some random little app that will force your mouse to be contained on a certain area of the screen that you specify, and if you could find it, you could tell it to keep the mouse cursor off of the game window. But I looked for it for a while and couldn't even find a name for it. That's kind of a bootleg solution anyway.

Offline jpxtreme

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jan. 08, 2007, 05:04:30 PM »
NightWolve, does the translated configuration setup can be downloadable now? I can see it with your attached screenshot. I can't understand japanese and I'm having trouble to configure my settings. Or is it only packaged with the soon-to-be released YsFelghana patch? Thank you.

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #12 on: Jan. 08, 2007, 06:03:12 PM »
Well, I thought about separating it out, but the release is so close. I *could* post it here I guess for now. Here you go. This ends this for now.

Check: https://www.ysutopia.net/forums/index.php?topic=218.0

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline Jan Sauer

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jan. 13, 2007, 08:28:49 AM »
I think the idea is that when the mouse cursor is hovering on the game window, it slows the game down. In full screen mode, you can't move the cursor anywhere that wouldn't be in the game window. It sounds video card or DirectX related to me honestly. Some old games have toggles for mouse pointer options (such as no hardware accel. mode).

Basically is as you told, as the problem as the solution. The configuration that disable it's in hardware aceleration, inside the options of my grafic card (there are 6 levels, i have working in 4), that solved the 50% of speed problems, also i'm playing in medium Quick Configuration but disable full screen mode and others options.

i will try all the solutions that you give me, thanks for everyone^^

Offline Jan Sauer

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jan. 24, 2007, 04:44:10 AM »
This week i have received Ys Origin from Play Asia (gracias colegas^^), i tought than i will have the same problem as Felghana but not, i can play with the same pad in full screen and better screen configuration and effects (only can tell a word: es acojonante! XD)

Hence i have tought that Felghana and my pad aren't compatible T_T well, thanks for everyone for your attention, i hope that NightWolve publish soon the englis patch and I can enjoy at 120% felghana^^ (i will make a donation when the time comes^^).