In dedication of XSEED Games and the WyrdWad KKK Witch era, we present Jeff "DeuceBag" Nussbaum in his own words:

Why, if I didn't know any better, I'd say Psycho Jeff is involving/attacking the innocent families of neo-geo.com fans he wants to see die and help kill [painfully]!! Not the first time: when one of his bosses fired him (shock!), he not only wanted him dead but implied his kids must be as horribly ugly as he is! He didn't think anyone would read his blog, but like omgfloofy says, "Know your translator..." Another funny anecdote: while there are ambulance-chasers, Bankruptcy Jeff falls under the rare ambulance-crasher category, haha! Imagine being condemned, defamed, lied about by a complete psychotic mess of a manchild after massively cheating you who turns out was deflecting from deep mental problems & his own PR liabilities! This unhinged hypocrite bigoted bastard showing up from neo-geo.com in my forums/projects to get up on his high horse to smear me as an "embarassment" had A LOT of fucking nerve! BURN IN HELL!!

So...I finally figured out why all of XSEED/WyrdWad's friends can be credited for just about anything (including Ys Celceta DVD piracy) but I cannot (they have VERY high standards for people of good/moral character, you see):
Only bold/bald/fat homicidal cock-flashers & wyrdwad pedophiles are 'acceptable' for being credited on XSEED Games' localizations...

Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: YS ETERNAL GOLD english patch?  (Read 5317 times)

Offline Jan Sauer

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
    • Xenosaga Episodio 3: En castellano
YS ETERNAL GOLD english patch?
« on: Aug. 07, 2007, 08:11:47 AM »
Hi there!

Recently i have purchase in a spanish online shop Ys I Eternal^^:

http://www.niponia.net/index.php?cPath=168_383

I have try to patch with the last recently versión, the 1.27, but i can't do it because this version of Ys I is the old version T_T

Well, where can I find the patch for the old version of Ys?

Thanks for your time^^
Las verdades se fabrican a partir de pequeñas mentiras.

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
Re: YS ETERNAL GOLD english patch?
« Reply #1 on: Aug. 09, 2007, 06:20:07 AM »
Well, where can I find the patch for the old version of Ys?

Where can you find it? You mean, does one even exist? It doesn't and it never will...

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline Jan Sauer

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug. 09, 2007, 03:45:03 PM »
Where can you find it? You mean, does one even exist? It doesn't and it never will...

I didn't know, i thought i will can use the patch from Ys I Complete in this version since it was ¿the same game? and hence i bought without a doubt... and when i went to patch it, i noticed the patch will not work T_T

Well, at least i get a rare version from Ys Eternal^^

Offline Gillian Seed

• Snatcher Killer
  • Eager Initiate
  • Silly Vip
    • View Profile
    • Gillian Seed's Site
« Reply #3 on: Aug. 11, 2007, 05:44:02 AM »
It's just the VE version of Ys Eternal. You should have checked the patch info before getting the game !
"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't ... "

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #4 on: Aug. 11, 2007, 03:51:01 PM »
I didn't know, i thought i will can use the patch from Ys I Complete in this version since it was ¿the same game? and hence i bought without a doubt... and when i went to patch it, i noticed the patch will not work T_T

Well, at least i get a rare version from Ys Eternal^^

They're not the same game in the technical sense. The Ys I v1.27 patch, on the ReadMe page (literally the 3rd screen you see), specifically informs you that it won't work with the original Ys I ETERNAL. (The word "COMPLETE" must be present somewhere on the box which lets you know it's the proper game.)

This:
-==========================================-
NightWolve's "Ys I Complete" Translation Project
https://www.ysutopia.net/translations/ys1c/
https://www.ysutopia.net/translations/yscomplete/
-==========================================-

Version 1.27
ReadMe updated on 2/22/2006

-++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
THIS PATCH WON'T WORK WITH THE ORIGINAL "YS I ETERNAL," RELEASED 8/28/1998!
-++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-

We went to great trouble to prevent this... Dunno why you didn't ask us first. This is why we only list two methods of purchasing the proper game, either directly from Falcom themselves or via the more pricey HimeyaShop. If you also look here, you'll see I posted images of the box covers of the supported versions. Here they go:

-----

Weird site BTW. Looks like Ys Eternal is the only game they have under the 'Windows Japan' category.

EDIT: If anyone's interested (MP83?), I have a task for you. Find Ys ETERNAL images (like the one I attached) and edit them with that common smoking ban logo (the round red circle with a slash, you know)... I'll try to use it somewhere.

Offline Jan Sauer

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Aug. 11, 2007, 06:20:03 PM »
I had see the screenshots before purchased it, but now that i have see again, i have notice in the uper side of the scree the "ys I & II Complete" text... T_T as we said in spanish "matarme es poco" T_T

Indeed Niponia is a "rare" online shop, i have meet a week ago thanks to the spanish version from Edge, i have never see it before, and when i have see the Ys I i have said me "you have to buy it now!" hahahah well, they have also the Ys versions from Super Famicom and other rare items, they are in Barcelona and i can buy without credit card, that's another reason why buy this version (who is "contarrembolso" in english?).

I have see that in the project page there are a file with all the script (japanese to enghlis). I think that with my poor romangi and a littel of pacience i will can play it T_T

Thanks for everything^^

Offline MP83

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Aug. 14, 2007, 08:57:05 PM »
EDIT: If anyone's interested (MP83?), I have a task for you. Find Ys ETERNAL images (like the one I attached) and edit them with that common smoking ban logo (the round red circle with a slash, you know)... I'll try to use it somewhere.

How about this? It's not exactly what you asked for, since I didn't used images of box covers, because there's just way too many of them. I thought the title logos from Ys Eternal and Ys Complete box covers would be enough.

So, what do you think?

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #7 on: Aug. 15, 2007, 06:50:43 PM »
Ah, you did something already. Thanks.

Well, I would prefer something smaller and just pertaining to the exclusion of the "Eternal" product line I guess. Or, eh, maybe this wasn't such a useful idea...

Offline MP83

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Aug. 15, 2007, 11:57:26 PM »
In any case, here's smaller versions:

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #9 on: Aug. 16, 2007, 11:27:03 AM »
Ah, that'll work.