In dedication of XSEED Games and the WyrdWad KKK Witch era, we present Jeff "DeuceBag" Nussbaum in his own words:

Why, if I didn't know any better, I'd say Psycho Jeff is involving/attacking innocent families of neo-geo.com fans he wants to see die and help kill [painfully]!! Remember how a defining part of the WyrdWad era was equating targets to Hitler/Nazis ? Isn't this rant a Nazi eugenicist speech ? The "superior" fat, bald, cock-flasher says certain people AND their offspring need to be eliminated for being inferior, who represent a "pollution" of the human gene pool... It sure sounds like a Nazi speech to me by Jeff here, am I wrong XSEED fans/shills ?? Looking at you, DigitalEmelas! I mean, if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, ya know ?? What do I know right? Everybody's ignoring it and other XSEED embarrassments...

Not the first time either: when one of his bosses fired him (shock!), he not only wanted him dead but implied his kids must be as horribly ugly as he is! He didn't think anyone would read his blog, but like omgfloofy says, "Know your translator..." I was also added to his kill-list when I trolled him on Kotaku's KKK Witches article (he wants me to die by an acid bath)... Another funny anecdote: while there are ambulance-chasers, Bankruptcy Jeff falls under the rare ambulance-crasher category, haha! Imagine being condemned, defamed, lied about by a complete psychotic mess of a manchild after massively cheating you who turns out was deflecting from deep mental problems & his own PR liabilities! This unhinged hypocrite bigoted bastard showing up from neo-geo.com in my forums/projects to get up on his high horse to smear me as an "embarassment" had A LOT of fucking nerve! BURN IN HELL!!

So...I finally figured out why all of XSEED/WyrdWad's friends can be credited for just about anything (including Ys Celceta DVD piracy) but I cannot (they have VERY high standards for people of good/moral character, you see):
While you are NOT credit-worthy, bold/bald/fat homicidal cock-flashers & wyrdwad pedophiles ARE 'acceptable' for being credited on XSEED Games' localizations...

Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: Playing a Japanese Game?  (Read 1984 times)

Offline babyima

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Playing a Japanese Game?
« on: Jul. 01, 2007, 11:40:11 PM »
I have a question. I have had japanese games on consoles before but never on a pc. Is there anything special on how to play a pc import. I have no knowledge on anything about language settings nore the unicode thing. If I change the unicode settings, will my pc be in japanese. I'm affraid if I change to a japanese setting, that I may not beable to find my english setting?

I'm picking up Ys 1 & 2 Complete at the Post Office tomorrow and I have Ys OoF ordered. I tried Typing of Ys, but it crashed on me on stage 2. I'm not sure if the unicode or so had something to do with it.

Offline Kagemusha

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Re: Playing a Japanese Game?
« Reply #1 on: Jul. 02, 2007, 12:30:12 PM »
You need to change the language to japanese for non-unicode programs I believe.

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #2 on: Jul. 02, 2007, 01:12:01 PM »
Reference: http://www.himeyashop.com/howtoplay.php

PC Windows XP Users

Many users of the English versions of Windows XP play imported Japanese PC games by setting up Windows XP to display Japanese text.

1.   Go into the Windows XP's Control Panel.
2.   Open the [Regional and Language Options].
3.   Click on the [Advanced] tab.
4.   Select [Japanese] from the pull-down menu at the [Language for non-Unicode Programs] section.
5.   Japanese will display for all non-Unicode programs then (Windows restart required).

Below is additional information on setting up. Some games are required to do this.

1.   Open the [Regional and Language Options].
2.   Click on the [Regional Options] tab.
3.   Select [Japanese] from the pull-down menu at the [Standards and Formats] section.

Some Japanese PC games may also have a region checker when they install, though this can be bypassed by downloading and using Microsoft's AppLocale program. Information on where to download it for Windows XP and instructions on how to use it can be found here:

http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/tools/apploc.mspx

Note: If you've never dealt with this before, you'll need to install the Far East Language Pack prior, and then these instructions will apply. Image is attached below. You check that box, click OK, provide your Windows XP disc, and properly point the dialog boxes you'll receive to the disc, etc. (This only needs to be done once.)

Also note: If you're still running Windows 98/ME, you need to upgrade. Period. Windows 2000 on the other hand does support booting in Japanese mode, though.

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline babyima

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul. 06, 2007, 11:42:29 PM »
Thanks for explaining it more in detail for me.  :) It turns out I didn't even have to download or change any settings for it to work. It played without any problems except for the speed issues. Sometimes I start it and it's like really fast and choppy, and others, it's more like normal speed.

I have to say a great job on the english patch on Ys 1 and 2. It's lovely, and the alternate soundtrack only makes it even better. I feel like I'm 12 years old agaon. All it needs is the voice overs from the TG and it would be perfect.

I am defenately donating for the OoF patch when I get a chance.  :D

I do have one question though, with the english patch, is it suppost to skip the Ys 1 credits (See You Again!)? I played through Ys 1 & 2 with the patch 1.27. When I beat Ys 1, it did it's thing, pretty picture with Darm Tower. After it said, Adol now begins his new journey it goes straight to when Dalles and Dahm talks, but no Ys 1 credits. Ys 2 has it credits (Stay with Me Forever) though.

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #4 on: Jul. 07, 2007, 09:13:16 AM »
If you were talking about any game that I have made a patch for, then you won't need to be in Japanese mode once you have the game patched. I took care of the need in those cases. I was giving you general instructions for any Japanese game.

Anyway, run the Setup utility and see if there's a check box checked that says something like "Start Ys II After Clearing Ys I without End Credits". That should be unchecked. That usually isn't checked by default so I gather you were playing around with the Setup utility at some point.

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!