In dedication of XSEED Games and the WyrdWad KKK Witch era, we present Jeff "DeuceBag" Nussbaum in his own words:

Why, if I didn't know any better, I'd say Psycho Jeff is involving/attacking innocent families of neo-geo.com fans he wants to see die and help kill [painfully]!! Remember how a defining part of the WyrdWad era was equating targets to Hitler/Nazis ? Isn't this rant a Nazi eugenicist speech ? The "superior" fat, bald, cock-flasher says certain people AND their offspring need to be eliminated for being inferior, who represent a "pollution" of the human gene pool... It sure sounds like a Nazi speech to me by Jeff here, am I wrong XSEED fans/shills ?? Looking at you, DigitalEmelas! I mean, if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, ya know ?? What do I know right? Everybody's ignoring it and other XSEED embarrassments...

Not the first time either: when one of his bosses fired him (shock!), he not only wanted him dead but implied his kids must be as horribly ugly as he is! He didn't think anyone would read his blog, but like omgfloofy says, "Know your translator..." I was also added to his kill-list when I trolled him on Kotaku's KKK Witches article (he wants me to die by an acid bath)... Another funny anecdote: while there are ambulance-chasers, Bankruptcy Jeff falls under the rare ambulance-crasher category, haha! Imagine being condemned, defamed, lied about by a complete psychotic mess of a manchild after massively cheating you who turns out was deflecting from deep mental problems & his own PR liabilities! This unhinged hypocrite bigoted bastard showing up from neo-geo.com in my forums/projects to get up on his high horse to smear me as an "embarassment" had A LOT of fucking nerve! BURN IN HELL!!

So...I finally figured out why all of XSEED/WyrdWad's friends can be credited for just about anything (including Ys Celceta DVD piracy) but I cannot (they have VERY high standards for people of good/moral character, you see):
While you are NOT credit-worthy, bold/bald/fat homicidal cock-flashers & wyrdwad pedophiles ARE 'acceptable' for being credited on XSEED Games' localizations...

Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: Ys I and II for Nintendo DS  (Read 2739 times)

Offline Platypus

• aka Haohmaru
  • Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Ys I and II for Nintendo DS
« on: Nov. 28, 2007, 07:31:54 PM »
Seems like Ys I and II will get another remake, this time for NDS! There's a short notice at rpgfan about it as well.

http://www.icholon.co.jp/ds/ys/
http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2007/1363.html

Offline rocket

• Always an Ys Fan!
  • Eager Initiate
  • Which way to the sword shop?
    • View Profile
    • Ys I & II COMPLETE Bonus Item and Event Website
Re: Ys I and II for Nintendo DS
« Reply #1 on: Nov. 28, 2007, 10:02:41 PM »
Looking forward to the new extras that have been added should be fun. wonder if the old tricks from the pc version will still work.
Someone once said being #1 just ain't realistic.

Ys I & II COMPLETE Bonus Item and Event Website

https://www.ysutopia.net/projects/yscomplete/bonus/

Offline RodaMan

• Hapless Fledgling
  • I'm doing it as hard as I can!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr. 07, 2009, 01:15:40 PM »
I know this topic is quite old but somewhat relevant as the game just came out recently. Owing a DS myself, I picked up the game and played it. Overall, I have to say I enjoyed it although it was really similar to the YS I and II remakes for the PC. The biggest change and the main reason I was so skeptical about this game is the fact you can now "swing" your sword. This didn't sound good at first but I felt it was implemented fairly well and was something new and exciting in a game I've played 9 or 10 times in various iterations.

Has anyone else had a chance to play this yet and if so, what did you think?

Offline TDOMMX

• Eager Initiate
  • I won't give up.
    • View Profile
    • Darkside Translations
« Reply #3 on: Apr. 07, 2009, 04:33:36 PM »
I've essentially been giving NightWolve a play-by-play of the game via email.  I don't really feel like repeating the bulk of my impressions here since I really should be studying for tomorrow's midterm, but I'll give a few bullet-points summarizing my thoughts:

- The 3D graphics are terrible.  The DS is capable of much better than this.  The hand-drawn graphics take a hit in both color depth and resolution, unfortunately.
- I have some complaints about Atlus' romanizations, but I'll cut them some slack since the bulk of them are taken directly from Falcom.
- The script in Ys I is decent, if little else, whereas the script in second game really fleshes out the NPCs.  I made a point of speaking to every character three times after I triggered each new plot flag.
- Many of the easter eggs from Ys Eternal were removed, even in places where it made little sense to remove them.
- The new play style takes some getting used to, but it's not bad.  It makes bosses really tough since you have to time your attacks, but it's not too difficult.
- The new stage unfortunately ruins the difficulty curve of the first game.
- The music quality is so-so: not bad, but could be better.  I question why some of the songs were removed (ie: "Dreaming" is no longer used in the mirror maze) or why the extra stage didn't use one of the unused songs available in the sound test.

All in all, the game is decent, but the next time I decide to replay the games, it'll be the PC version and not this.
This is TDOMMX (formerly Magus0857) signing out.

Offline macroidtoe

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May. 10, 2009, 03:01:32 AM »
The 3D graphics are terrible.  The DS is capable of much better than this.  The hand-drawn graphics take a hit in both color depth and resolution, unfortunately.

This is the biggest thing that's kept me from picking it up.  They did the same thing to the LoH games on PSP, and I just don't understand why they go and replace the attractive 2D with ugly subpar 3D.

The conclusion that I've ultimately reached is that overhead view + 3D just doesn't work well, since everything ends up being depicted from an awkward foreshortened angle.  The 3D works okay in the newer Ys games on the other hand, but I think that's because the camera is usually kept at a lower angle (sometimes nearly at a side-view).