In dedication of XSEED Games and the WyrdWad KKK Witch era, we present Jeff "DeuceBag" Nussbaum in his own words:

Why, if I didn't know any better, I'd say Psycho Jeff is involving/attacking the innocent families of neo-geo.com fans he wants to see die and help kill [painfully]!! Not the first time: when one of his bosses fired him (shock!), he not only wanted him dead but implied his kids must be as horribly ugly as he is! He didn't think anyone would read his blog, but like omgfloofy says, "Know your translator..." Another funny anecdote: while there are ambulance-chasers, Bankruptcy Jeff falls under the rare ambulance-crasher category, haha! Imagine being condemned, defamed, lied about by a complete psychotic mess of a manchild after massively cheating you who turns out was deflecting from deep mental problems & his own PR liabilities! This unhinged hypocrite bigoted bastard showing up from neo-geo.com in my forums/projects to get up on his high horse to smear me as an "embarassment" had A LOT of fucking nerve! BURN IN HELL!!

So...I finally figured out why all of XSEED/WyrdWad's friends can be credited for just about anything (including Ys Celceta DVD piracy) but I cannot (they have VERY high standards for people of good/moral character, you see):
Only bold/bald/fat homicidal cock-flashers & wyrdwad pedophiles are 'acceptable' for being credited on XSEED Games' localizations...

Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: so...  (Read 19798 times)

Offline policenauts

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
so...
« on: Jan. 12, 2006, 11:36:40 PM »
aha! so there is a upcoming patch?? actually ive never finished this game due to spoiling it as i cant understand whats goin on.. anyway.. yay me for being the first poster!

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
RE: so...
« Reply #1 on: Jan. 12, 2006, 11:49:51 PM »
For being the first poster, I've added to your reputation. =) But yeah, although the patch is way off, it is planned for release; the game happens to completely hacked incidentally.

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline policenauts

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan. 13, 2006, 12:00:36 AM »
sweet thanks!! and i look forward to your future work. After Ys II was done i showed it to some of my friends and family (who are into anime/games) and they were shocked to hear it was fan translated, I actually had a hard time convincing them! GOOD WORK!

Offline Arjak

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan. 22, 2006, 12:24:54 PM »
Is there a planned release date?

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #4 on: Jan. 22, 2006, 02:22:19 PM »
Nope, other than some time this year. ;)

Offline Arjak

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan. 22, 2006, 05:40:00 PM »
Sadist. :P

Offline Seldane

• Dulk Dekt
  • Seasoned Veteran
  • Maayti
    • View Profile
    • Ancient Land of Ys
« Reply #6 on: Jan. 23, 2006, 02:05:09 PM »
This year? Even if you mean December 31st, that's nothing! I will be waiting. :)
DVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:

Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: ! Sir, the door was open.

Offline rEd2k

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan. 23, 2006, 09:10:09 PM »
WOW! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!! I have only seen screen shots of this awesome game, I gotta find this game somewhere!!! AAAHHH!!! lol I can't wait....... :P

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #8 on: Jan. 23, 2006, 11:11:39 PM »
You haven't seen this either then:

http://gillianseed.free.fr/video/ysfplay4.avi

Consider yourself teased.

Offline Seldane

• Dulk Dekt
  • Seasoned Veteran
  • Maayti
    • View Profile
    • Ancient Land of Ys
« Reply #9 on: Jan. 24, 2006, 07:32:31 AM »
Quote from: rEd2k
I gotta find this game somewhere!!!

What exactly do you mean by this? If you intend to download the game, you could at least keep it to yourself. :(
DVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:

Offline Dark Sol

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jan. 24, 2006, 10:56:21 AM »
Gillian said translation is 99% ready. :P It was amazingly fast. I'm really looking forward to it.

Offline rEd2k

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jan. 24, 2006, 02:36:46 PM »
Hey Seldane, if you knew me then you'd know that I want to buy this game. I could care less about a pirate version, and I only like ORIGINALS. I am a huge fan of all Ys series and I want the original packaging and what-not. But ya, it would be lame if I wanted to DL it :P I'm just not like that.

Offline Gillian Seed

• Snatcher Killer
  • Eager Initiate
  • Silly Vip
    • View Profile
    • Gillian Seed's Site
« Reply #12 on: Jan. 24, 2006, 04:15:12 PM »
Yeah, D_S,  I was also really amazed at how fast it was done.
The last percent isn't coming fast though. :rolleyes:
"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't ... "

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #13 on: Jan. 24, 2006, 05:47:18 PM »
:(

Kryndon

« Reply #14 on: Jan. 24, 2006, 10:01:20 PM »
Well now, this certainly brightens an otherwise gloomy day :)

I kept hoping that Konami would decide to release this one on the PS2 as well, but as that's looking fairly unlikely at this point, I was starting to think that all I'd be able to do is listen to the soundtrack repeatedly.  And now I learn I'll be able to play the game!  Hurrah!  Though, that does mean picking up a copy...  (looks up Felghana on Himeya).  Hmm.  $109?  Any place around that might be cheaper?

Anyway, thanks for the news!

Offline rEd2k

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Jan. 25, 2006, 01:46:58 AM »
I love this game... It's Ark of Napishtam all over again but better! Everything was done SO WELL! And I find it funny how well I can play without having to read any story.. ah but I've played it a thousand times now without any ENGRISH. Can't wait for the release...  *DROOL* :>

Offline Gillian Seed

• Snatcher Killer
  • Eager Initiate
  • Silly Vip
    • View Profile
    • Gillian Seed's Site
« Reply #16 on: Jan. 25, 2006, 04:33:56 AM »
You can get the game from japanpa too, when it'll be back from maintenance.
http://www.japanpa.com/ms2fr/catalog/down_for_maintenance.php?osCsid=87f51edd353aed76a51a26c8a2fb2f75

You can get it directly from Falcom too.
"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't ... "

Offline rEd2k

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jan. 25, 2006, 01:01:46 PM »
Thanks for the link Gillian Seed :) That's very kind of you, also, checked out your website.. WOW VERY nice collection man :) You know your good when you got the goods lol. ;)

Offline Dark Sol

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Jan. 25, 2006, 03:02:46 PM »
I guess i'll buy my YsF from yahoo auctions jp since there are couple times cheaper then in shops. And japanese always keep their stuff in good state :)
But i have copy already and have other priorities. Buying Falcom is Gillian's passion. :P

Offline rEd2k

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Jan. 26, 2006, 10:24:47 AM »
Question: Does anyone know exactly where the YsF ENG patch will be posted once available? Will it be on RIGG?

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #20 on: Jan. 26, 2006, 07:15:44 PM »
RIGG is over with. I just haven't deleted what pages are left at the index and made them redirect here. Obviously, there'll be a page like on the blog index where the other ones are under "Translation Projects." Right there:

https://www.ysutopia.net/translations/

Offline rEd2k

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Jan. 26, 2006, 11:31:48 PM »
Cool, thanks for the info Nightwolve :) Hey, I read somewhere that YsF has one of the best ending sequences ever made in any Ys game.. True?

Offline Seldane

• Dulk Dekt
  • Seasoned Veteran
  • Maayti
    • View Profile
    • Ancient Land of Ys
« Reply #22 on: Jan. 27, 2006, 08:43:09 AM »
As far as I remember, the ending in YsF isn't very interesting. But then again -- does ANY Ys game have an interesting ending? No.

Offline Jest

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Jan. 30, 2006, 06:34:00 PM »
Quote from: Europrick

As far as I remember, the ending in YsF isn't very interesting. But then again -- does ANY Ys game have an interesting ending? No.

You know, I enjoyed the credits at the end of Ys II (TG16 version, haven't finished the PC version yet). It was far better than the endings to most of the games that were out at the time.

Offline rEd2k

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Feb. 02, 2006, 05:19:27 PM »
I think my favorite ending (although not really interesting) has got to be Ys IV from the TG16 version. But I'd still like to see the YsF one :)

Offline Slayne

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Feb. 04, 2006, 09:22:16 PM »
Most game endings suck, kinda disappointing when you consider the amount of time and effort spent into them.

Offline Arjak

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Re: so...
« Reply #26 on: Feb. 18, 2006, 01:53:17 PM »
I ordered Oath in Felghana from Falcom recently. They were having a special on it. It should get here soon. When it does, I'm posting pictures in the spam topic at ALOY if anyone's interested.

I sure hope that patch is done soon. Listening to the music CDs and looking at books I can't read is probably not going to keep me interested for too long.

Fallen

« Reply #27 on: Feb. 18, 2006, 09:46:47 PM »
I liked the Ys III ending myself on the Genesis when I played it.

Anyway, I'm really liking YsF so far, it's surprising how much I remember from YsIII that has allowed me to not need any english, for where to go and what to do at least.

Offline shades_of_blue

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Re: RE: so...
« Reply #28 on: Feb. 19, 2006, 09:18:36 AM »
You haven't seen this either then:

http://gillianseed.free.fr/video/ysfplay4.avi

Consider yourself teased.

Somehow, I haven’t [seen that] before. WOW! I am sooo teased, my inner child says ‘gimmie, gimmie, gimmie’.  ;D

Offline X-Calibar

• Experienced Guildsman
  • Gustave
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Feb. 25, 2006, 03:27:53 AM »
I'm blown away.  lol!!!!!
After reading this thread, I'm blown away.   I saw Gillian's movie a while ago, and thought wow, I wish it was true... but.................
IT'S REAL!?  mmmmm
*double favorites this site*

Well as an Eternal Ys fan [I had to use Eternal!] You've made my day :)
Ah you guys are the best :P :)

[Thinking back to Ys 3 for the SNES, that was one of my favorite games sooooooo long ago, I would use the debug mode to just listen to music.... mmmmmmmmmmmmm good times ;)]
« Last Edit: Feb. 25, 2006, 03:28:17 AM by X-Calibar »

Offline Haven

• Dennis Pulido
  • Hapless Fledgling
  • Who knows? The Shadow knows!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Mar. 03, 2006, 08:52:48 PM »
LONG TIME SEE NIGHTWOLVE!!!

I'll be playing PSU and MGS:Subsistence

I can wait^^
GREAT JOB

Anyway, any plans on translating those Japanese tutorials in the game?
« Last Edit: Mar. 03, 2006, 08:54:46 PM by Haven »

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #31 on: Mar. 06, 2006, 07:40:09 PM »
Yeah, I have someone that's clearing out those image manual to begin with, and for someone to translate them will come later. I will see.

Offline Haven

• Dennis Pulido
  • Hapless Fledgling
  • Who knows? The Shadow knows!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Mar. 10, 2006, 07:16:51 PM »
Yeah, I have someone that's clearing out those image manual to begin with, and for someone to translate them will come later. I will see.

cool!!

I forgot to mention one little important detail

Are you going to change "Oath in Felghana into" "Oath of Felghana"?

(yep been ranting bout this a long time :P)

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #33 on: Mar. 10, 2006, 11:35:23 PM »
The thought never crossed my mind. Only issue of contention that I thought about was "Felghana" vs. "Felgana" since Konami spelled it the latter, without the 'h' in one string of their script for Ys VI.

-- Thinking about your question more, I recalled how the game ends and based on that, I think the title is accurate.

Offline Seldane

• Dulk Dekt
  • Seasoned Veteran
  • Maayti
    • View Profile
    • Ancient Land of Ys
« Reply #34 on: Mar. 11, 2006, 08:23:16 AM »
Hey, since when was Konami in charge of the names? Felghana is official since Falcom themselves used it. I'd say go with Felghana.

However... It was originally Felugana (it is mentioned in the PC-8801, PC-9801, MSX2 and X68000 versions of Ys III). What made them change Felugana to Felghana is beyond me.

But I guess Falcom is known for changing their names around. If you look in the Ys III manual, for instance, you'll see plenty of odd spellings not used in the actual game. How about "Irubarnz"?

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #35 on: Mar. 11, 2006, 11:15:01 AM »
Hey, since when was Konami in charge of the names? Felghana is official since Falcom themselves used it. I'd say go with Felghana.

Since they localized it in the US and thus set an influential Romanization standard here and in the rest of the English speaking world. I'm not going to very well continue using "Romn" (which is also official Falcom Engrish, they themselves used thoughout Ys VI [PC]) now that Konami set the standard as "Romun," for example.

I don't go by some fixed rule/formula. It's quite selective at times. In Ys I & II Complete, I weighed the influence I thought Ys Book I & II had in the US, so I chose some names accordingly as Hudson had Romanized them and most here had come to know, such as "Dark Fact" or "Lair." While they used "Colin" for "Dogi" in Ys Book I & II, they went back to "Dogi" with Ys III, and so I chose the latter. Plus, I had so gotten used to "Dogi" myself, and knowing that no other possible future localized title would ever again reference "Colin," it was obviously the best choice to leave it as "Dogi."

But yeah, if there was no localized title, or in this case, a localized title that made reference to this game which doesn't appear will ever get a US port, I'll lean towards supporting official Falcom spellings, unless they're totally egregious. If Ys VI [PS2] made no connective reference to Felghana, some common Ys elements, Falcom would be my only reference point, so I'd go with most of their choices, etc.

So far, I do lean towards "Felghana" if you must know. For one, it was only one line that the Konami script made reference to "Felgana" - a line delivered by Ernst. Second reason is cause I'm lazy and having to change "Felghana" to "Felgana" will require editing some images like the title screen which I really don't feel like doing. The motivation isn't there to feel so strongly about this to go that far. So far, at least. If the Konami script made a bunch of references to "Felgana" spelled that way, I would more strongly consider it.

Anyway, I had wanted to debate it with Psycho DeuceBag some more, but never got around to it. It does appear it's Falcom's take on Fergana, a real place, like "Greek" for Greece and "Romn" for Rome/Roman, etc.

Offline ViperD

• Eager Initiate
  • Silly gilly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Mar. 11, 2006, 08:53:05 PM »
Felghana all the way!
« Last Edit: Apr. 06, 2006, 03:40:32 AM by ViperD »

Offline MP83

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Mar. 12, 2006, 12:25:20 AM »
I would personally go with Felghana. It just looks better for some reason. Why see all the trouble, because of one letter?

Offline adol1976

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Mar. 12, 2006, 06:38:51 AM »
Sure Felghana.
it's written on the box !

Offline Gamemusicfreak

• Hapless Fledgling
  • Game Music Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Game Music Freak
« Reply #39 on: Mar. 15, 2006, 09:00:17 PM »
Looking forward to seeing the fruits of your hard work. :)

Top favorite game series:  Ys, Legend of Xanadu, Legend of Heroes, Final Fantasy, Chrono Series.

Top 3 Favorite Game Music Composers:  Yuzo Koshiro,
Motoi Sakuraba, Nobuo Uematsu