In dedication of XSEED Games and the WyrdWad KKK Witch era, we present Jeff "DeuceBag" Nussbaum in his own words:

Why, if I didn't know any better, I'd say Psycho Jeff is involving/attacking the innocent families of neo-geo.com fans he wants to see die and help kill [painfully]!! Not the first time: when one of his bosses fired him (shock!), he not only wanted him dead but implied his kids must be as horribly ugly as he is! He didn't think anyone would read his blog, but like omgfloofy says, "Know your translator..." Another funny anecdote: while there are ambulance-chasers, Bankruptcy Jeff falls under the rare ambulance-crasher category, haha! Imagine being condemned, defamed, lied about by a complete psychotic mess of a manchild after massively cheating you who turns out was deflecting from deep mental problems & his own PR liabilities! This unhinged hypocrite bigoted bastard showing up from neo-geo.com in my forums/projects to get up on his high horse to smear me as an "embarassment" had A LOT of fucking nerve! BURN IN HELL!!

So...I finally figured out why all of XSEED/WyrdWad's friends can be credited for just about anything (including Ys Celceta DVD piracy) but I cannot (they have VERY high standards for people of good/moral character, you see):
Only bold/bald/fat homicidal cock-flashers & wyrdwad pedophiles are 'acceptable' for being credited on XSEED Games' localizations...

Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: I'm having a problem with the Ys II patch...  (Read 7128 times)

Offline Jest

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
I'm having a problem with the Ys II patch...
« on: Jan. 30, 2006, 05:45:52 PM »
I was wondering what exact version of Ys II the patch was designed for. Whenever I try to apply it to my Ys II Complete, I get a message that says "Version 1.2.4.0 is unknown... THis patch cannot help you"

I know the box I received, the disc and all the files say Ys II Complete; however the desktop icon says Ys II Eternal. I assumed that maybe that was just what it said, but was still Complete. I hope they didn't just stamp all that Complete stuff onto some old Eternal discs.

Anyways, any help would be appreciated.

Offline rocket

• Always an Ys Fan!
  • Eager Initiate
  • Which way to the sword shop?
    • View Profile
    • Ys I & II COMPLETE Bonus Item and Event Website
RE: I'm having a problem with the Ys II patch...
« Reply #1 on: Jan. 30, 2006, 09:47:07 PM »
hopefully night will catch up with this in the next few days. in the mean time you can download ysc0107.zip from falcoms website and manually put the ys2_win.exe into the falcom\ys12_CMP\ys2_win folder and delete the other ys2_win.exe. also make sure the ysc0107.zip is located in the falcom\ys12_CMP folder. next trun nights patch program. This may resolve your issue for now if these are not the correct folder names please post the names of the folders so i can help you further...
Someone once said being #1 just ain't realistic.

Ys I & II COMPLETE Bonus Item and Event Website

https://www.ysutopia.net/projects/yscomplete/bonus/

Offline Jest

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan. 30, 2006, 11:25:41 PM »
Quote from: mjmmx

hopefully night will catch up with this in the next few days. in the mean time you can download ysc0107.zip from falcoms website and manually put the ys2_win.exe into the falcom\ys12_CMP\ys2_win folder and delete the other ys2_win.exe. also make sure the ysc0107.zip is located in the falcom\ys12_CMP folder. next trun nights patch program. This may resolve your issue for now if these are not the correct folder names please post the names of the folders so i can help you further...

That worked perfectly. Thanks a lot. And I mean A LOT!!!

This is gonna be awesome.

Ya know. I'd also like to take this time to thank NightWolve as well. I remember when you used to post on the RPGFan boards. I started a thread looking for a translation for Ys IV, and you said that you were trying to get one done. It was some time ago now, but I remember it well. I'm glad to know that you stuck with it and got through not just that but several others as well. You might not think that you're appreciated enough, but believe me, we all appreciate it.

Thanks NightWolve. I look forward with not just a little hope to your future endeavors.

Peace Out
Jest

Offline rocket

• Always an Ys Fan!
  • Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan. 30, 2006, 11:43:15 PM »
Glad to hear that worked. Basically what was done is the tricked the version check by replacing the origional 1.2.4.0 with the 1.1.2.0 version. From there the patch had no problem patching the 1.1.2.0 version. Essentially this is a problem that will need to be fixed. Is this the new version that falcom just released in the smaller box?

Offline Jest

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan. 31, 2006, 06:45:23 PM »
Quote from: mjmmx

Glad to hear that worked. Basically what was done is the tricked the version check by replacing the origional 1.2.4.0 with the 1.1.2.0 version. From there the patch had no problem patching the 1.1.2.0 version. Essentially this is a problem that will need to be fixed. Is this the new version that falcom just released in the smaller box?

Yeah, I just received it about a week ago and was all too ready to play. I don't think you could imagine my disappointment when I got those words that said I wouldn't get it in English. I wasn't sure if this was a newer version or what, but I'm glad you knew what was going on.

Peace Out
Jest

Offline rocket

• Always an Ys Fan!
  • Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan. 31, 2006, 10:52:53 PM »
Thanks for the info.

Offline Gillian Seed

• Snatcher Killer
  • Eager Initiate
  • Silly Vip
    • View Profile
    • Gillian Seed's Site
« Reply #6 on: Feb. 01, 2006, 05:03:08 AM »
mjmmx is great.:D
"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't ... "

John Sparrow

« Reply #7 on: Feb. 02, 2006, 05:27:05 PM »

I have installed and played the Japanese Ys 1 Complete without a hitch - but when I patch the english version (which "successfully installs") and attempt to start a game, I am getting the message:

"The data file wasnt found or the capacity of external memory is insufficient."

I can no longer play either english or Japanese versions... (?) I guess what I am confused about is 1) which 'data file' wasn't found, and 2) just what 'external memory' is this message referring to?

I have uninstalled and repeated the whole process 4 or 5 times now, but w/out success.

I am not very savvy when it comes to troubleshooting, and so I would really appreciate anybodys 2 cents on this, as i have spent stupid money on the PC DVD version just with the hopes of playing through the game in english (I own the PS2 version, but of course there is no english patch for this.)
Thanks a whole lot,
John

FYI, my PC specs are these
160 GB hardrive - 85 GB FREE
dell dimension 8400
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20 GHz
3.19 GHz
1.00 GB RAM
« Last Edit: Feb. 20, 2006, 10:27:58 AM by NightWolve »

Offline rocket

• Always an Ys Fan!
  • Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Feb. 02, 2006, 08:11:17 PM »
hmm... ok what folder is the ysI located in? should be c:/falcom/ys12_CMP/ys1_win.

let me know if your ysI is not stored in that location.

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
RE:   I'm having a problem with the Ys II patch...
« Reply #9 on: Feb. 03, 2006, 02:05:45 AM »
Quote from: Jest
I remember when you used to post on the RPGFan boards.
Ah, hehe. No kidding, eh? I stopped going there cause I got tired of the angsty atmosphere of the kids there, you know.

Anyway, glad Mike got your problem fixed. Now, did you buy the new Ys I & II Complete package from Falcom? You have a previously unknown Ys II version that the patch isn't familiar with. I guess I should've just forced it to check if greater than or equal 1.1.2.0, etc. I can easily fix this, but I'd still like to know where you got the game you have.

Version information compiled with the patch is as follows:

1.0.x.x : Ys II Eternal - This means you've got the old "ETERNAL" release of the game and the patch is useless.

1.1.2.0 : Ys II Complete regular (ysc0107.zip)

1.1.3.0 : Ys II Complete for Radeon graphics cards (ysc0203.zip)

1.1.4.0 : Ys II Complete XP - The newer separate release of the game

1.2.4.0 : That's yours... but... ?????? Where'd it come from??? The recent Ys I & II Complete repackaging??

What happens is, if it's not any of the previously mentioned version numbers, minus your new one, I provide you with the warning that you received, "1.2.4.0 is unknown... This patch cannot help you.", etc. Anyway, I'd also appreciate if you could attach that 1.2.4.0 executable in a post here cause I'd like to look at it.

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
RE:  I'm having a problem with the Ys II patch...
« Reply #10 on: Feb. 03, 2006, 02:10:13 AM »
Quote from: John Sparrow

"The data file wasnt found or the capacity of external memory is insufficient."

I can no longer play either english or Japanese versions... (?) I guess what I am confused about is 1) which 'data file' wasn't found, and 2) just what 'external memory' is this message referring to?

Try following these instructions on installing it manually I left in the ReadMe:

* Installing Ys Complete manually (The only way for Win9X/ME)

Make a folder tree named FALCOM\YS12_CMP\YS1_WIN somewhere on
 your hard drive - C:\FALCOM\YS12_CMP\YS1_WIN for example. Next,
 goto your Ys Complete CD or DVD and copy everything in YS1_WIN
 (for the LE version) or YS1_CMP (if you've got the XP version)
 MINUS the 'save' subfolder. The trick is to avoid that 'save'
 subfolder which has a Japanese encoded text file in it and thus
 will interrupt a whole copying operation even in explorer (occurs
 in Win98 especially). So, now on your hard drive you've got
 something like:

C:\FALCOM\YS12_CMP\YS1_WIN\*.*
 C:\FALCOM\YS12_CMP\YS1_WIN\YS1_WIN.EXE
 C:\FALCOM\YS12_CMP\YS1_WIN\DATA\*.*
 C:\FALCOM\YS12_CMP\YS1_WIN\MIDI\*.*
 C:\FALCOM\YS12_CMP\YS1_WIN\WAVE\*.*
 C:\FALCOM\YS12_CMP\YS1_WIN\WAVE\WAVE_44\*.*

Etc. Got it? Good. About the 'wave' folder: If you have the 2
 CD Limited Edition set, you'll also have to get the 2nd CD and
 continue copying from that. Otherwise, in order to have wave
 playback in the game, you'll always have to have the 2nd (Game)
 CD inserted or mounted. You're basically doing a FULL install
 by copying all the waves to disk. By doing this, you can also
 take advantage of the alternate soundtrack that's recently been
 released by Psycho DeuceBag, FYI. Anyhow, that should do it. Just run
 my patcher after that and you're all set, ya heathen...

The DATA.YS file that it is referring to should be in the YS1_WIN\data subfolder. Also, it should be 76,444,582 bytes. You basically have not copied all the files correctly if the patcher cannot find this file under the YS1_WIN subfolder. That's the likely problem. You weren't successful at patching actually, cause that Engrish message of "The data file wasnt found or the capacity of external memory is insufficient." would be different cause the patch actually changes it. Be sure you're using this patch btw, YsI(US)v126.exe.

Offline Jest

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Feb. 03, 2006, 02:48:48 AM »
Hey Nightwolve! Thanks again for the patches, they're definitely a highlight of my year (perhaps even life ;))

I know what you mean about RPGFan being so angsty. It gets a little annoying with all the wining. The way they treat new members can also be a drag. I think that even some of the old editors and such left because of the way the MB members behave.

Anyways, I'll attach the version that I use probably tomorr...er...later on today. I look forward to posting here. Who knows, I might even leave my account at RPGFan. I feel more like a lurker there anyways.

Peace Out
Jest

P.S. Heh, forgot to answer your initial question. Yeah, this is the latest version from Falcom. I just ordered it about two weeks ago and it arrived in about five days. It's in a smaller box, or so I'm told, and each game comes on its own DVD.

By the way, when I finished Ys I and it went to launching Ys II after the credits, it never loaded it. I don't know why, but just thought I'd let ya know.

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #12 on: Feb. 03, 2006, 04:53:33 AM »
Was Ys II patched when you finished Ys I? It likely was due to Ys II still being this 1.2.4.0 version. If indeed you had it already patched, then it's the fault of that dumb launcher sometimes not working or the folder names are different. I might need more information on the default installation folders. If you could give me the installation folder tree the Falcom installer sets up, that'd be great. Even better, when you get the EXEs from the DVD, get the Falcom.INF file which is at the folder root. That will tell me what I need to know.

Anyway, your patching problem with this new Falcom version will be fixed in the next patch release. Problem is I still need someone to edit some bitmaps before I do another maintenance update for the game, so who knows when that'll be.

Offline Seldane

• Dulk Dekt
  • Seasoned Veteran
  • Maayti
    • View Profile
    • Ancient Land of Ys
« Reply #13 on: Feb. 05, 2006, 10:10:22 AM »
Quote from: NightWolve
Anyway, your patching problem with this new Falcom version will be fixed in the next patch release. Problem is I still need someone to edit some bitmaps before I do another maintenance update for the game, so who knows when that'll be.

I'm almost finished with the logo, just to let you know. I haven't started on the actual shades yet, though.
DVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:

Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: ! Sir, the door was open.

Offline rocket

• Always an Ys Fan!
  • Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
RE:  I'm having a problem with the Ys II patch...
« Reply #14 on: Feb. 05, 2006, 08:27:34 PM »

Was Ys II patched when you finished Ys I? It likely was due to Ys II still being this 1.2.4.0 version. If indeed you had it already patched, then it's the fault of that dumb launcher sometimes not working or the folder names are different. I might need more information on the default installation folders. If you could give me the installation folder tree the Falcom installer sets up, that'd be great. Even better, when you get the EXEs from the DVD, get the Falcom.INF file which is at the folder root. That will tell me what I need to know.

Heads up yours is on the way got here saturday... shipping out mon...

KSamurai

« Reply #15 on: Feb. 12, 2006, 06:24:56 PM »
For your own infomation, the version of the game I have of YS I+II complete is listed on the main falcom YS I+II website.  http://www.falcom.com/ys12cmp/index.html

This is probably the same version Jest has as well (my brother's travels in Japan picked it up for about £30 ^^).

In the mean time, I'm having troubles tracking down 'ysc0107.zip' from the falcom website.  Don't suppose someone could provide a direct link or something?

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net

Offline MP83

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: RE: I'm having a problem with the Ys II patch...
« Reply #17 on: Feb. 27, 2006, 11:37:54 AM »

I'm almost finished with the logo, just to let you know. I haven't started on the actual shades yet, though.
Anything I could help with?

Offline MonCapitan

• Hapless Fledgling
  • Cute Widdle Moogle
    • View Profile
Re: RE: I'm having a problem with the Ys II patch...
« Reply #18 on: May. 11, 2006, 10:40:35 AM »
I am having the same problem.  Can you explain that solution in more words?

Offline MonCapitan

• Hapless Fledgling
  • Cute Widdle Moogle
    • View Profile
Re: I'm having a problem with the Ys II patch...
« Reply #19 on: May. 11, 2006, 11:02:33 AM »
Nevermind.  I figured it out.  Thanks.