In dedication of XSEED Games and the WyrdWad KKK Witch era, we present Jeff "DeuceBag" Nussbaum in his own words:

Why, if I didn't know any better, I'd say Psycho Jeff is involving/attacking innocent families of neo-geo.com fans he wants to see die and help kill [painfully]!! Remember how a defining part of the WyrdWad era was equating targets to Hitler/Nazis ? Isn't this rant a Nazi eugenicist speech ? The "superior" fat, bald, cock-flasher says certain people AND their offspring need to be eliminated for being inferior, who represent a "pollution" of the human gene pool... It sure sounds like a Nazi speech to me by Jeff here, am I wrong XSEED fans/shills ?? Looking at you, DigitalEmelas! I mean, if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, ya know ?? What do I know right? Everybody's ignoring it and other XSEED embarrassments...

Not the first time either: when one of his bosses fired him (shock!), he not only wanted him dead but implied his kids must be as horribly ugly as he is! He didn't think anyone would read his blog, but like omgfloofy says, "Know your translator..." I was also added to his kill-list when I trolled him on Kotaku's KKK Witches article (he wants me to die by an acid bath)... Another funny anecdote: while there are ambulance-chasers, Bankruptcy Jeff falls under the rare ambulance-crasher category, haha! Imagine being condemned, defamed, lied about by a complete psychotic mess of a manchild after massively cheating you who turns out was deflecting from deep mental problems & his own PR liabilities! This unhinged hypocrite bigoted bastard showing up from neo-geo.com in my forums/projects to get up on his high horse to smear me as an "embarassment" had A LOT of fucking nerve! BURN IN HELL!!

So...I finally figured out why all of XSEED/WyrdWad's friends can be credited for just about anything (including Ys Celceta DVD piracy) but I cannot (they have VERY high standards for people of good/moral character, you see):
While you are NOT credit-worthy, bold/bald/fat homicidal cock-flashers & wyrdwad pedophiles ARE 'acceptable' for being credited on XSEED Games' localizations...

Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: Ys Complete Alternative Sound Track  (Read 3130 times)

Offline Frog Man

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Ys Complete Alternative Sound Track
« on: Sep. 19, 2006, 10:24:25 AM »
I downloaded the alternative sound tracks and placed them in their respective places. But when I click the unpack.bat it pops up an error and says that the program is in use(I try this while the game isn't running). Plus I played through YS I normally without unpacking nothing with the normal problems. ie bad loop, but the music played still. I don't know if it was the alternative or the original game music. But when I got to YS II I noticed that the sound effects ei opening a treasure chest and hitting enemies doesn't work or if it does seldomly. Plus the music skips everynow and then.

So my big question is, is... How to unpack the unpack.bat.

Thanks for telling me! =D

Oh, I almot forgot. I've played about 30 minutes of YS II and its suddenly gotton kind of jumpy on my. Its not game playing debilitating but It's almost to the point that it doesnt make it worth playing. This jumping reminds me of..... *shudder* lag. If someone could tell me how to get my ping rate up or fix it please do.

Thanks
beijos

« Last Edit: Sep. 19, 2006, 10:30:39 AM by Frog Man »

Offline ranzor

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Ys Complete Alternative Sound Track
« Reply #1 on: Sep. 19, 2006, 04:44:49 PM »
Hey Frog Man, you a brasileiro too? I hadn't met any on these Ys forums so far. Cool. Sorry, but I can't help you with your problems. I didn't download the alternate soundtrack and wouldn't know how to fix this jump problem. I'm sure someone else will around here, thought.
Abraço.

Offline Frog Man

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep. 20, 2006, 11:36:36 PM »
Actually I'm not brasileiro. I'm a full fledged american. But I lived a portion of my life in Rio de Janeiro and accidently learned portoguese. Always found adding the words beijos and abraços to the end of all my stuff funny. And if it bothers someone I just blame it on cultural differences.

But I hope someone knows how to fix the problem, I can't be the first on to have it. But when I searched the forums I couldn't find a previous thread dealing with this situation.

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #3 on: Sep. 21, 2006, 02:33:19 AM »
Um, I could use a little more info than that, but I'll work with what's here. UnPack.bat is fairly simple you'll notice if you open it. It tries to register a reg file, and then run a series of oggdec commands to decode all the extracted OGG files back into waves. If for every time it tried to run a oggdec line, you received a busy error as you claim, perhaps the oggdec file is the problem with your particular computer. I think that was a optimized Pentium compiled executable. So, my first recommended fix is to get another oggdec.exe file, copy in into the wave_44 folder along with all the other files, overwriting the old one, then run UnPack.bat again.

Upon googling, I found a download site for a compiled binary of version 1.9.2 of the source. Here you go:

http://www.rarewares.org/files/ogg/oggdecV1.9.2.zip

http://www.rarewares.org/ogg.html

So, get oggdec.exe out of that zip, overwrite the one currently in the wave_44 folder, and try UnPack.bat again. The other option is to just use some other audio encoder/decoder you may have installed on your system to decode those OGGs to waves, like EAC, DBPowerAmp, whatever.

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline Frog Man

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep. 21, 2006, 11:39:34 PM »
Sorry I didn't give more information. But when I replaced the oggdec.exe with the ones provided in the link and the original but the error still pops up.

But the conversion of .ogg to .wav did the trick. Everything runs perfectly.

Thanks. I really apreciate it.

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #5 on: Sep. 22, 2006, 03:12:20 AM »
Something's wrong with your Windows installation, I think. There's nothing special about unpack.bat. It's a basic batch file that even works on Windows 98. You could investigate by first seeing if any batch file produces that error box. Make a text file, name it test.bat, add one line to it like "echo Hello World", save, then run it from Windows explorer like you're doing there. If it produces no error, take each line from unpack.bat, one at a time, paste in it, save, then try again. You would keep repeating that until you find the line in unpback.bat that causes this error. But the fact that nothing else was allowed to be executed from the batch file indicates to me that the error box is produced immediately upon trying to run a batch file, so I wonder if that's the case for all batch files. Anyway, something's definitely wrong with your system for it to fail to run a simple batch file like that. I assume you had already tried rebooting the first time you got that error, correct?

Offline Frog Man

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sep. 22, 2006, 11:42:57 AM »
I've tried rebooting, opening it while the game is in play, right clicking and opening, double clicking and every normal way to open it. But it pops up the error. I'm suspicious too, cause I did the test.bat and tried other bats and the same error pops up. So I went to task manager and didnt find anything. This is a new computer, so I had to uninstall a bunch of crap and trial stuff. So maybe I messed up on something there and got a little to frisky deleting unrecognizable folders out of program files and uninstalling stuff. But the rest of the computer runs fine.

I'll investigate a little, but if anyone happens to know whats going on feel free to tell me. I'll love you even more.

[edit]

The jumpys are back now. Everynow and then YSII goes into overdrive and I find myself racing around the place like Sonic. Sometimes it just comes in bursts. I've tried running YSII with no programs on and then trying with a million on to suck up some cpu power to see if it slows YSII down but to no avail. I don't know if its my computer or something.

Plus I got another question about the sfx. Sometimes they are on but cut out when I'm on a rampage or just never turn on. Plus the bootsteps are sparadic. The music works like a charm but the sfx are still glitching on me.

I was thinking of grabbing the savestates and reinstalling YSII but the last time I did that with YSI when I was at darm tower and couldn't make the save states work again.
« Last Edit: Sep. 23, 2006, 10:30:37 AM by Frog Man »

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #7 on: Sep. 25, 2006, 12:53:26 AM »
For the speed up problem, all I can suggest is to make sure v-sync is always enabled in the display settings if you have a video card that allows you to modify it. For the sound effects, run the config file and disable EAX 1.0/2.0 mode and see if that helps in the future.

Offline Frog Man

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sep. 25, 2006, 09:55:59 AM »
Thanks, I'll do that. As for the .bat error I think it might be a virus. I have yet to do a virus scan. Plus if that won't work I'll bust out the unlocker http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/ to see whats using the .bat stuff. I'll tell you when I find out wich one fixed the problem.

[edit]

Ran unlocker but didn't work. Says that nothing is using the .bat file. Next step, virus scan.
« Last Edit: Oct. 07, 2006, 08:18:39 PM by Frog Man »