In dedication of XSEED Games and the WyrdWad KKK Witch era, we present Jeff "DeuceBag" Nussbaum in his own words:

Why, if I didn't know any better, I'd say Psycho Jeff is involving/attacking the innocent families of neo-geo.com fans he wants to see die and help kill [painfully]!! Not the first time: when one of his bosses fired him (shock!), he not only wanted him dead but implied his kids must be as horribly ugly as he is! He didn't think anyone would read his blog, but like omgfloofy says, "Know your translator..." Another funny anecdote: while there are ambulance-chasers, Bankruptcy Jeff falls under the rare ambulance-crasher category, haha! Imagine being condemned, defamed, lied about by a complete psychotic mess of a manchild after massively cheating you who turns out was deflecting from deep mental problems & his own PR liabilities! This unhinged hypocrite bigoted bastard showing up from neo-geo.com in my forums/projects to get up on his high horse to smear me as an "embarassment" had A LOT of fucking nerve! BURN IN HELL!!

So...I finally figured out why all of XSEED/WyrdWad's friends can be credited for just about anything (including Ys Celceta DVD piracy) but I cannot (they have VERY high standards for people of good/moral character, you see):
Only bold/bald/fat homicidal cock-flashers & wyrdwad pedophiles are 'acceptable' for being credited on XSEED Games' localizations...

Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Poll

What's the highest difficulty level you've beaten Ys with?

Easy
0 (0%)
Normal
4 (36.4%)
Hard
1 (9.1%)
Nightmare
6 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Difficulty Level Poll / Who was the hardest/easiest boss?  (Read 2465 times)

Offline X-Calibar

• Experienced Guildsman
  • Gustave
    • View Profile
Difficulty Level Poll / Who was the hardest/easiest boss?
« on: Nov. 29, 2006, 11:19:33 AM »
Hey everyone~
I was curious as to what difficulty levels everyone plays on~
And who or what was the hardest boss or bosses in either Ys 1 or the Ys 2 game for you?  And feel free to share your own experience.

And for fun who do you think the easiest boss was?

This is actually a light spoiler thread if you haven't beaten Ys yet;  don't blame me, you've been warned!

I decided to play Ys initally on Nightmare, after a short comparison of difficulty levels... [See I remember Ys from the old Sega Master System, and apparently that particular version was pretty hard... or at least you had to really spend time leveling..!]  I wanted to recreate that feeling and so I think I kind of did ;)

Without a doubt the hardest boss I faced in either Ys 1 and 2 would be the D Bat boss in the Old Mines... That stupid bat.   lol  I don't know how many times I loaded to play it over and over on Nightmare on him;   Looking back on it, I don't think he was immensely difficult, but it was a test of endurance and precision; You could only hurt him one little chunk at a time, and if you screwed up... Tough. lol

BUT I'm a survivor... The runner-ups would be Fact, Darm, and it's been so long I can't be sure, but Zava might have given me a headache as well. ;)

As for easiest, I'd have to say the Cenetpede boss in the Temple was by far the easiest lol  Only once did I die on him when I messing around with a friend, I let him pin me to the wall... and I couldn't get loose :O

So how about it?  What's your story...?
« Last Edit: Nov. 29, 2006, 11:20:35 AM by X-Calibar »

Offline memoryjar

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Re: Difficulty Level Poll / Who was the hardest/easiest boss?
« Reply #1 on: Nov. 29, 2006, 05:22:54 PM »
First boss of Ys I while attempting a low level game on easy... you can't even harm him at lvl 1....

Offline ranzor

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov. 29, 2006, 09:52:09 PM »
the first boss is pretty much impossible on a low level, but is quite easy if you level up a bit. but i agree with x-calibar. the bat boss can be a bitch. sometimes he just refuses to turn to his real form. and dark fact is pretty hard on nightmare. and darm can be pretty madening if you don't level up enough.

Offline memoryjar

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec. 01, 2006, 03:35:29 AM »
what do you think is the lowest level to complete both games? If that doesn't add difficulties, i don't know what will.

Offline zaratus

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec. 01, 2006, 11:27:36 PM »
I played through both games on Normal for starters. 

The boss that was the most irritating for me was the bat boss, from Ys 1 (Vaguillon, or something like that, wasn't it?)  Eventually, I got a good feel for the fight though and can beat it without too much trouble.  Just, it's definitely the longest boss fight, since it all depends on how quickly he'll transform.  Also makes it suck for boss rush mode, if you are trying to get a quick time, since it's all luck with that guy... 

I actually thought Dark Fact was pretty easy, once I figured out that the Silver equipment works much better on him than the 'best' equipment. 

Darm I thought was pretty easy, if you use your 'Shield' magic, like they give you on boss rush.  But again, I played through the game on Normal.  I'll probably give it a go at a higher difficulty sometime.

Oath in Felghana's bosses were pretty tough overall, with some being pushovers.  But, overall, harder.  I couldn't actually beat the boss rush for Normal, there were two bosses that were just giving me too hard a time.  I think I was a level higher than they give you on the boss rush, since I definitely remember dealing more damage than that...  After spending almost two hours on the boss rush mode, I was getting rather tired, and just gave up.  =/