In dedication of XSEED Games and the WyrdWad KKK Witch era, we present Jeff "DeuceBag" Nussbaum in his own words:

Why, if I didn't know any better, I'd say Psycho Jeff is involving/attacking innocent families of neo-geo.com fans he wants to see die and help kill [painfully]!! Remember how a defining part of the WyrdWad era was equating targets to Hitler/Nazis ? Isn't this rant a Nazi eugenicist speech ? The "superior" fat, bald, cock-flasher says certain people AND their offspring need to be eliminated for being inferior, who represent a "pollution" of the human gene pool... It sure sounds like a Nazi speech to me by Jeff here, am I wrong XSEED fans/shills ?? Looking at you, DigitalEmelas! I mean, if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, ya know ?? What do I know right? Everybody's ignoring it and other XSEED embarrassments...

Not the first time either: when one of his bosses fired him (shock!), he not only wanted him dead but implied his kids must be as horribly ugly as he is! He didn't think anyone would read his blog, but like omgfloofy says, "Know your translator..." I was also added to his kill-list when I trolled him on Kotaku's KKK Witches article (he wants me to die by an acid bath)... Another funny anecdote: while there are ambulance-chasers, Bankruptcy Jeff falls under the rare ambulance-crasher category, haha! Imagine being condemned, defamed, lied about by a complete psychotic mess of a manchild after massively cheating you who turns out was deflecting from deep mental problems & his own PR liabilities! This unhinged hypocrite bigoted bastard showing up from neo-geo.com in my forums/projects to get up on his high horse to smear me as an "embarassment" had A LOT of fucking nerve! BURN IN HELL!!

So...I finally figured out why all of XSEED/WyrdWad's friends can be credited for just about anything (including Ys Celceta DVD piracy) but I cannot (they have VERY high standards for people of good/moral character, you see):
While you are NOT credit-worthy, bold/bald/fat homicidal cock-flashers & wyrdwad pedophiles ARE 'acceptable' for being credited on XSEED Games' localizations...

Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: At last....  (Read 7044 times)

Offline aburas

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
At last....
« on: Feb. 20, 2007, 06:48:25 PM »
nightwolve, the problem is fixed.  Anyways, i have a couple of questions, i saw some thing called Netshow for Ys origin, does anybody know what that is?  My second quesiton is for ys the ark of napishtim is there a enlgish patch and is it limited to donators?

Thank you

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
Re: At last....
« Reply #1 on: Feb. 20, 2007, 08:01:07 PM »
My second quesiton is for ys the ark of napishtim is there a enlgish patch and is it limited to donators?

Well, it's not something I can answer right now nor for a long time. I was for doing it before I was against doing it! See, I'm stuck in a bit of a flip-flop here. If years from now I know that Konami sells out of all Ys VI PS2/PSP stock and I feel like continuing, we'll see what happens. Consider it on the backburner indefinitely. In the meantime, I've removed any major public traces of such a project.

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline aburas

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Feb. 23, 2007, 03:44:43 PM »
So it's off limits to everybody.   :(
And also i have a posting in The Ys I and II forum if you can answer it pease.

Thank you for all your help and time.

Offline duke4711

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Feb. 23, 2007, 08:16:19 PM »
That's too bad about the Ys VI project, I was actually looking forward to it because I wanted to see what the differences between the PC/PS2 versions. I was also wondering, since Legend of Heroes VI has been taken off of the forums page, does that mean it's dead?
Great spirits have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds.
-Albert Einstein

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #4 on: Feb. 23, 2007, 10:35:11 PM »
It's backburner material indefinitely until further notice.

Offline shades_of_blue

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Feb. 24, 2007, 07:03:23 PM »
Your shittin me, now I'm pissed. I'd love to cut off the balls of whoever had to fuck you over concerning the Felghana early-access donation period. I cannot stand to play that crappy PS2 port of Napishtim. With it's 30fps and interlacing, it literally hurts my eyes. I have yet to beat the PS2 version, in fact I haven't made it more that a 1/2 through the game due to eye strain, which lead to cumulative headaches. Buying Napishtim for PS2 had to be my video game worst purchase ever. At the very least, I figured that one day I'll be able to enjoy the story with the game on my PC thanks to all of your hardwork NW. But I guess that too is now crushed. Damn you warez kiddiez. Damn you to hell.
« Last Edit: Mar. 12, 2007, 01:24:05 PM by NightWolve »

Offline ranzor

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mar. 07, 2007, 05:16:01 AM »
Well, it doesn't hurt to dream. I sure hope you release it someday. From everything I've seen about the PS2 version, I'd much rather play the original with your patch.

Offline memoryjar

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Mar. 07, 2007, 04:22:04 PM »
I don't know about you guys but I don't like to move on to another game until I have completely beaten the ones I have at that moment. This includes all the difficulties available. So by the time everyone beat the Inferno mode then it'll probably be time for the next Ys game. Then again, constantly playing the same game over and over can make you get sick of it.

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #8 on: Mar. 07, 2007, 07:44:13 PM »
At the very least, I figured that one day I'll be able to enjoy the story with the game on my PC thanks to all of your hardwork NW. But I guess that too is now crushed. Damn you warez kiddiez. Damn you to hell.

Well, there's even less of a reason to continue with it. It was one of the most high risk projects to begin with, but last Sunday a member of the warez freeloading faction emailed me a threat using an anonymizing email service (though I do know who he is since he made that same threat in public, thus I couldn't understand his choice to hide his identity). I can paraphraze a portion of his email down to this: "I'm going to inform Konami of your activities if you don't do things my way... You must come to understand that it is either my way or the highway, kekekekekekekeke."

I think those two sentences adequately capture his infantile mindset. His other threats were laughable (he tried to pretend Konami would have legal standing to deal with patches other than Ys VI, which is all they have a license for), but yeah, I would take the threat seriously WITH an Ys VI patch, as it's possible even a dumbfuck could pull it off. Konami has a US presence and an Ys VI license, so if they did catch wind of an Ys VI patch, it's possible they might have something to say about it.

I don't really know Konami's history, I mean, how often have they gone after places that are pirating their games?? Anybody know? That's more of a bigger problem to allocate resources for naturally and I wonder how frequent that has been for them.

Offline Justus

• Hapless Fledgling
  • The sound guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Mar. 07, 2007, 10:55:54 PM »
Well, I seem to remember Konami going after the Dracula X Restoration project as soon as they heard about it.

I forget exactly, but I THINK it was a project the Castlevania Dungeon was hosting, that revolved around dumping the CD and somehow making it directly playable on Windows (without using an emulator).

Anyone else remember better?

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #10 on: Mar. 07, 2007, 11:19:49 PM »
I remember this one incident. Harry Turtle was the name and it was about piracy.

http://thedump.classicgaming.gamespy.com/tg16/dracx/index.html

Due to the threat of legal action by Konami of America, I am unable to continue with the Dracula-X copy project. We have come to a mutual agreement, but unfortunately it involves the complete abandonment of the project. I ask that all mirror sites please delete the mirrored files immediately, and please do not spread them around.

My intention was never to harm Konami, rather to allow the world to see and play one of their most highly praised games. I still hold the utmost respect for the people at Konami, and to their credit, they told me they knew that I was not trying to harm them, but they had the responsibility of upholding copyright. Needless to say, the consensus was that this game could NOT appear for free download on the internet, for whatever reason.

It was a "copy-project." I think that's around about the time archiving of PC-Engine/TG-16 games began in ISO/MP3/CUE form.

Anyway, yeah, point is, with their Ys VI license, it's probably best to let that project go anyhow.

Offline ranzor

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Mar. 08, 2007, 05:42:30 AM »
Well, that's just too much egoism! If they don't get it their way, no one gets it! What an Ys fan. I hope they rot in hell! What if someone else released the patch for you, someone not from Europe or USA? I don't know how these laws apply to the internet, but Konami's copyrights are only for these places, right?

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #12 on: Mar. 08, 2007, 06:30:27 AM »
Eh, it doesn't matter. I like/respect Konami and grew up with them, so I can let the PC project rest indefinitely, if not forever. This case is more about a moral question. We held the power to undercut the sales of all their localized ports (PS2, PSP, etc) because you could just pirate Falcom's PC version and use our patch, should it have come into existence that is, etc. With Felghana and/or Origins, there's no moral dilemma so long as no US publisher buys a license. Unauthorized English translation patches for Falcom games that'll never get licensed anywhere (IF that's for certain) increases the chances of more English-speaking fans importing copies directly from them, so in that case, we're the good guys. We'd be the spoilers in Konami's case concerning Napishtim, though.

Anyway, concerning your last question, I believe Konami purchased worldwide rights (limited to just Napishtim, to be clear), so technically they should have legal standing/protection in every country that is a signatory of the Berne Convention. (Note though, there have never been any legal cases involving fan translation issues... Occasional cease & desist orders, but that's about it. Even the guy I was talking about in another thread that I know, that ended with a cease & desist.)

Offline ranzor

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Mar. 10, 2007, 07:18:12 AM »
Well, I understand your point of view. I also like Konami a lot. From Castlevania, in the NES days, to Winning Eleven, they have always made great games that have been important in my life. But what if you did like you're trying to do with Oath, and make the patch unusable with a pirated copy? That way you wouldn't be hurting Konami's sales. Anyone wanting to use your patch would have to buy the japanese game from Falcom, and that's a lot more expansive than buying their port, so only diehard fans who want to play the original would get it instead of the PS2 version.

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #14 on: Mar. 12, 2007, 12:17:01 PM »
But what if you did like you're trying to do with Oath, and make the patch unusable with a pirated copy? That way you wouldn't be hurting Konami's sales. Anyone wanting to use your patch would have to buy the japanese game from Falcom, and that's a lot more expansive than buying their port, so only diehard fans who want to play the original would get it instead of the PS2 version.

Yeah, that's true. But they do still have the license, so the potential is there for them to care... It can wait for a few more years, then maybe I'll sell it at $4-5.

Offline OmegaRanma

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Mar. 12, 2007, 10:30:03 PM »
Nightwolve...Is there a way to track the IP from that extortionist. I am very displeased that someone would try to make me look like the scapegoat from someone else's attempt of this pathetic attack, and I would like to some how "deal" with this individual on my own terms.

Unless of course you are taking care of the situation by your own methods, then I will simply disregard it, and let you dish out a just deserving punishment for the individual.

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #16 on: Mar. 12, 2007, 11:07:53 PM »
Well, there was no intent to involve you or anyone else I'm sure. It just happened that I put two suspects on my list. The other suspect made virtually the same threat in public, so I guess it would be him. (You know where to find that post.)

Offline ranzor

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Mar. 13, 2007, 07:32:31 AM »
Yeah, that's true. But they do still have the license, so the potential is there for them to care... It can wait for a few more years, then maybe I'll sell it at $4-5.

Well, that's probably the wisest decision. I hope it happens sooner than later.

Offline shades_of_blue

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Mar. 20, 2007, 06:25:19 AM »
So another warez kiddie made a threat, what’s with these people?!?! First they want everything free and then they’re threatening to report you for reverse engineering?!?! F**k them, last I checked reverse engineering wasn’t illegal. If it was, there would be no ‘designer imposters’ perfumes. Then again, perfumes never had to bow to the DMCA either...

I remember the Dracula X incident, now that you mention it. Yeah, it was one of the first games ripped with CDRWIN. Back then, I don’t even think his files were distributed as MP3s, only WAV format. He was directly encouraging piracy, not exactly the same thing as releasing a translation patch. But I’m not going to argue that, maybe one day you’ll release your work, even in it’s incomplete form to a couple loyalists such as I and that alone would be enough.

I’ve always liked Konami too. It’s kinda hard not to, when they made TMNT the arcade game, Castlevania, Contra, Gradious and many other timeless classics. And more importantly, they didn’t ‘bottom out’ after the 8bit and 16bit era, like some other great developers did.

Offline Psycho DeuceBag

• The Criminal
  • Douche Kings
  • Hapless Fledgling
  • Cocky Jeff Nussbaum
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Mar. 27, 2007, 10:58:55 AM »
last I checked reverse engineering wasn’t illegal.
In the world of software, it is. Most software licenses specifically forbid reverse-engineering.  Tecmo's especially particular about that... remember the DOA XTreme Beach Volleyball nude patches?

Jeff "Call me DeuceBag!" Nussbaum - The greatest criminal in fan translation history! A lying, conniving, thieving, scheming, backstabbing monster of epic proportions!
The greatest criminal cheat in localization history himself: Jeff Nussbaum
Jeff Deuce was nothing more than a Neo-Geo.com Turbo Troll. If I knew he was a member, I would've banned him from my PC Engine forum in 2002 and sent him back to Neo-Geo where he belongs with Psycho Dox Shroom and the rest of the FilthyRear gang...
As Neo-Geo.com is known for hosting KKKFarms trolls, a killer, $20,000 SNK cart scams, Jeff represents the fan localization scam side of things... He hijacked my Ys fan projects, CAT translation software, THOUSANDS of free work hours pro-bono under fan terms, all for commercial profit behind my back, in secret collusion with the XXXSEED Games internal pedophile, Tom-chan Wyrdwad Lipschultz!
DO NOT LET HIM IN YOUR FAN PROJECTS! He's a dirty, filthy, psycho defamation liar! Pure malice, hatred, extortionist defamation to intimidate, silence those he victimized in the past!
His (and Tom-chan's) "I was spammed, I need the Police, the FBI, bodyguards!" smears for the simple demand of a perfectly fair $550 settlement was a tactical play-the-victim manipulation for the audience reading it, all the while laughing behind a computer, the evil bastard that he is!
I feel gypped, I did all this work on Ys localization projects and Jeff never ONCE thought to send me one of his infamous cock-shots, only his neo-geo.com pals received that "special surprise!" What a "great" company XXXSEED Games is, they sure know how to pick 'em!

Offline shades_of_blue

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Mar. 31, 2007, 07:30:41 AM »
I remember DOA’s creator crying like a little girl about it, going far as to say it was like raping his own children, or something among those lines. I’m fairly sure no one was charged with anything, nor any legal action pursued.

Offline Psycho DeuceBag

• The Criminal
  • Douche Kings
  • Hapless Fledgling
  • Cocky Jeff Nussbaum
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Apr. 02, 2007, 12:03:46 PM »
There was legal action pursued, actually.  I don't recall all of the particulars, but I know a lot of C&D orders got tossed around.

Jeff "Call me DeuceBag!" Nussbaum - The greatest criminal in fan translation history! A lying, conniving, thieving, scheming, backstabbing monster of epic proportions!
The greatest criminal cheat in localization history himself: Jeff Nussbaum
Jeff Deuce was nothing more than a Neo-Geo.com Turbo Troll. If I knew he was a member, I would've banned him from my PC Engine forum in 2002 and sent him back to Neo-Geo where he belongs with Psycho Dox Shroom and the rest of the FilthyRear gang...
As Neo-Geo.com is known for hosting KKKFarms trolls, a killer, $20,000 SNK cart scams, Jeff represents the fan localization scam side of things... He hijacked my Ys fan projects, CAT translation software, THOUSANDS of free work hours pro-bono under fan terms, all for commercial profit behind my back, in secret collusion with the XXXSEED Games internal pedophile, Tom-chan Wyrdwad Lipschultz!
DO NOT LET HIM IN YOUR FAN PROJECTS! He's a dirty, filthy, psycho defamation liar! Pure malice, hatred, extortionist defamation to intimidate, silence those he victimized in the past!
His (and Tom-chan's) "I was spammed, I need the Police, the FBI, bodyguards!" smears for the simple demand of a perfectly fair $550 settlement was a tactical play-the-victim manipulation for the audience reading it, all the while laughing behind a computer, the evil bastard that he is!
I feel gypped, I did all this work on Ys localization projects and Jeff never ONCE thought to send me one of his infamous cock-shots, only his neo-geo.com pals received that "special surprise!" What a "great" company XXXSEED Games is, they sure know how to pick 'em!