In dedication of XSEED Games and the WyrdWad KKK Witch era, we present Jeff "DeuceBag" Nussbaum in his own words:

Why, if I didn't know any better, I'd say Psycho Jeff is involving/attacking the innocent families of neo-geo.com fans he wants to see die and help kill [painfully]!! Not the first time: when one of his bosses fired him (shock!), he not only wanted him dead but implied his kids must be as horribly ugly as he is! He didn't think anyone would read his blog, but like omgfloofy says, "Know your translator..." Another funny anecdote: while there are ambulance-chasers, Bankruptcy Jeff falls under the rare ambulance-crasher category, haha! Imagine being condemned, defamed, lied about by a complete psychotic mess of a manchild after massively cheating you who turns out was deflecting from deep mental problems & his own PR liabilities! This unhinged hypocrite bigoted bastard showing up from neo-geo.com in my forums/projects to get up on his high horse to smear me as an "embarassment" had A LOT of fucking nerve! BURN IN HELL!!

So...I finally figured out why all of XSEED/WyrdWad's friends can be credited for just about anything (including Ys Celceta DVD piracy) but I cannot (they have VERY high standards for people of good/moral character, you see):
Only bold/bald/fat homicidal cock-flashers & wyrdwad pedophiles are 'acceptable' for being credited on XSEED Games' localizations...

Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: Speculation: what is Falcom next project?  (Read 4289 times)

Offline drjinh007

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Speculation: what is Falcom next project?
« on: Mar. 22, 2007, 09:38:14 AM »
Just a speculation about the next project for Falcom. After seeing this picture:

I have a feeling that Falcom is remaking ancient Ys vanished omen!!! I think that will be so cool!

Neway, what is you thought about this?
« Last Edit: Jan. 25, 2009, 11:21:17 AM by NightWolve »

Offline Justus

• Hapless Fledgling
  • The sound guy
    • View Profile
Re: Speculation: what is Falcom next project?
« Reply #1 on: Mar. 26, 2007, 06:26:20 AM »
I seriously doubt it.  I know it seems like Ys 1&2 gets remade a lot, but it's only been remade ONCE by Falcom themselves (and no, I'm not counting Eternal's transformation to Complete).  It's too soon for a new remake  ;D

I personally think they'll do something original next.  They've been focusing on Legend of Heroes and Ys lately, and it's been a long time since they've released anything competely original.  Was Gurumin the last one?  That was over two years ago!

Of course, we can't really speculate on something new and original...so let's instead speculate on what the next Ys will be!

I think there are only two possibilities:
1) They do yet another spinoff game or remake using the Ys 6 engine (Remake of Ys IV maybe?)
2) Finally a brand new engine, which will almost certainly be Ys VII

EDIT: NEW VANTAGE MASTER!  heh heh.

Offline Gamemusicfreak

• Hapless Fledgling
  • Game Music Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Game Music Freak
« Reply #2 on: Mar. 26, 2007, 08:35:10 PM »
I would love to see Ys VII, but a remake of I & II is a close second.  Another pick would be Legend of Xanadu III.   
Top favorite game series:  Ys, Legend of Xanadu, Legend of Heroes, Final Fantasy, Chrono Series.

Top 3 Favorite Game Music Composers:  Yuzo Koshiro,
Motoi Sakuraba, Nobuo Uematsu

Offline Psycho DeuceBag

• The Criminal
  • Douche Kings
  • Hapless Fledgling
  • Cocky Jeff Nussbaum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar. 27, 2007, 10:56:20 AM »
Ys I & II don't need to be remade.  Ys IV and V, on the other hand... but I'm not sure if I'd prefer those, or a proper Ys VII.

I still don't see them abandoning the current engine any time soon, though.

Jeff "Call me DeuceBag!" Nussbaum - The greatest criminal in fan translation history! A lying, conniving, thieving, scheming, backstabbing monster of epic proportions!
The greatest criminal cheat in localization history himself: Jeff Nussbaum
Jeff Deuce was nothing more than a Neo-Geo.com Turbo Troll. If I knew he was a member, I would've banned him from my PC Engine forum in 2002 and sent him back to Neo-Geo where he belongs with Psycho Dox Shroom and the rest of the FilthyRear gang...
As Neo-Geo.com is known for hosting KKKFarms trolls, a killer, $20,000 SNK cart scams, Jeff represents the fan localization scam side of things... He hijacked my Ys fan projects, CAT translation software, THOUSANDS of free work hours pro-bono under fan terms, all for commercial profit behind my back, in secret collusion with the XXXSEED Games internal pedophile, Tom-chan Wyrdwad Lipschultz!
DO NOT LET HIM IN YOUR FAN PROJECTS! He's a dirty, filthy, psycho defamation liar! Pure malice, hatred, extortionist defamation to intimidate, silence those he victimized in the past!
His (and Tom-chan's) "I was spammed, I need the Police, the FBI, bodyguards!" smears for the simple demand of a perfectly fair $550 settlement was a tactical play-the-victim manipulation for the audience reading it, all the while laughing behind a computer, the evil bastard that he is!
I feel gypped, I did all this work on Ys localization projects and Jeff never ONCE thought to send me one of his infamous cock-shots, only his neo-geo.com pals received that "special surprise!" What a "great" company XXXSEED Games is, they sure know how to pick 'em!

Offline ranzor

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar. 27, 2007, 06:49:05 PM »
I agree on account of which games need a remake and which don't, but I'm not so sure about the engine. They already made three games with it. Maybe they'll do a 2.0 version of it for Ys VII.

Offline Psycho DeuceBag

• The Criminal
  • Douche Kings
  • Hapless Fledgling
  • Cocky Jeff Nussbaum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Mar. 28, 2007, 04:38:07 PM »
Well, I'm probably alone in this, but I wouldn't mind something a bit higher-poly, with fully-3D characters... kinda like Ys VI for PS2, but with better-quality models... ie. the ones that were actually used to render the sprites.

But to be honest, I'm perfectly content with the engine as it is.  They could make a dozen more games with it and I'd still have fun.

Jeff "Call me DeuceBag!" Nussbaum - The greatest criminal in fan translation history! A lying, conniving, thieving, scheming, backstabbing monster of epic proportions!
The greatest criminal cheat in localization history himself: Jeff Nussbaum
Jeff Deuce was nothing more than a Neo-Geo.com Turbo Troll. If I knew he was a member, I would've banned him from my PC Engine forum in 2002 and sent him back to Neo-Geo where he belongs with Psycho Dox Shroom and the rest of the FilthyRear gang...
As Neo-Geo.com is known for hosting KKKFarms trolls, a killer, $20,000 SNK cart scams, Jeff represents the fan localization scam side of things... He hijacked my Ys fan projects, CAT translation software, THOUSANDS of free work hours pro-bono under fan terms, all for commercial profit behind my back, in secret collusion with the XXXSEED Games internal pedophile, Tom-chan Wyrdwad Lipschultz!
DO NOT LET HIM IN YOUR FAN PROJECTS! He's a dirty, filthy, psycho defamation liar! Pure malice, hatred, extortionist defamation to intimidate, silence those he victimized in the past!
His (and Tom-chan's) "I was spammed, I need the Police, the FBI, bodyguards!" smears for the simple demand of a perfectly fair $550 settlement was a tactical play-the-victim manipulation for the audience reading it, all the while laughing behind a computer, the evil bastard that he is!
I feel gypped, I did all this work on Ys localization projects and Jeff never ONCE thought to send me one of his infamous cock-shots, only his neo-geo.com pals received that "special surprise!" What a "great" company XXXSEED Games is, they sure know how to pick 'em!

Offline zaratus

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mar. 29, 2007, 12:20:06 AM »
I think that the screen is just saying that the continuation of the story is in Ys I and II.  Sort of like at the end of Lufia 2 - it says "To be continued in Lufia 1" or something like that.

As for them making many new games with the same engine - I'd have no trouble with it, as long as they add/change a bit each time, like they've been doing.  You had Napishtim with the three upgradable swords with their own magic in each, Felghana with the three magic bracelets, and all equipment upgradable, though not as much as Napishtim's swords, and a just more streamlined experience (no storable healing items, healing from enemy drops, the stat-boost potions/hit combos for xp), and Origin's multiple viewpoints, and Hugo's different play mechanics. 

I'd still like to see them adding some new mechanics if they'll still be using the same engine.  Well, at least, if they're going to be using it for a while.  A couple new games without some massive changes will still be really fun.  Just, I can forsee it starting to get old after a while without a bit more variety. 

One thing I enjoyed in Napishtim that the other two games dropped was that there was just more stuff hidden around in general.  With the much higher number of accessories, and the ability to gain more slots to equip accessories, it added a little bit more to the game.  Especially since the accessories then became actually useful a bit, instead of being mostly used for progression purposes.  The majority of the accessories from Felghana and Origin, like the Firedragon's Amulet, the Nightfire Gem, the non-sliding boots, Mask of Eyes, Blue Talisman, Silver Bell, are all mostly used for progressing further, rather than normal use.  Generally the only ones you'd use otherwise are the Spirit Cape (which I generally forget about anyway, unless I'm very low on health and am not getting any healing item drops), and the resurrection item, which you generally save for the last boss anyway.  Now, the third character for Origin has some other accessories that are a bit more useful - stat boosts, but the other two really only have 2 useful accessories, and one of them is a one-shot only deal.  Now, Oath in Felghana had at least two of them useful in more than one spot - the Nightfire Gem revealed the falling floors in Valestine Castle, and the Stone Shoes were useful on slippery floors in Valestine, and the ooze a certain monster leaves behind in the Clock Tower. 

Mostly though, it just gave more stuff to find scattered around, which at least gives you some satisfaction to finding the stuff.  (You have to admit, it's satisfying to open a chest and hear the 'Get Item' melody.) :)  Also gives the developers more opportunity to gives areas a bit more variety to explore, in the dungeons and the outdoors areas with a possibly useful item at the end.  Some little hidden mini-dungeon type area with an accessory inside.  Whatever.  Though,  they'd have to figure out a different way to give more accessory slots than a treasure chest that when opened says "You found an accessory slot" or whatever similar message you got. 

That sure turned from typing a quick response to a lot of rambling.  =P

Offline Justus

• Hapless Fledgling
  • The sound guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Mar. 29, 2007, 02:09:37 AM »
I can't speak for Felghana, but I got the distinct impression that Origin was trying to be more of an action game, which I personally appreciated happening once, but I wouldn't mind the next game having more exploration/puzzles, to be honest.

As for 3d...it's always a little nerve-racking when your favorite 2d games go 3d.  But I think we could trust Falcom to do a good job of it.  I thought Gurumin was pretty well-executed in 3d.

Now for some different speculation: a return to the bash-into-things-to-kill-them gameplay or no?  I think it would be tops to revist that in full 3d, personally.

Offline adol1976

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Apr. 08, 2007, 05:47:15 AM »
I think Falcom should try to create a new game serie.
I f only YS and Legend of heroes reamains, it could be dangerous for the company. Who knows : the main public (in Japan) could be bored  and that would stop the company... They have to sell a certain amount of gamesz if they want to pay their workers...
need a somethinh new.
Look at zelda. In japan the serie isn't anymore a top selling franchise.
hopefully Nin. created some new refreshing games.

Offline Neo-Kaiser

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Apr. 08, 2007, 01:22:54 PM »
Until now they are making Legend of Heroes VI Chapter 3.