In dedication of XSEED Games and the WyrdWad KKK Witch era, we present Jeff "DeuceBag" Nussbaum in his own words:

Why, if I didn't know any better, I'd say Psycho Jeff is involving/attacking the innocent families of neo-geo.com fans he wants to see die and help kill [painfully]!! Not the first time: when one of his bosses fired him (shock!), he not only wanted him dead but implied his kids must be as horribly ugly as he is! He didn't think anyone would read his blog, but like omgfloofy says, "Know your translator..." Another funny anecdote: while there are ambulance-chasers, Bankruptcy Jeff falls under the rare ambulance-crasher category, haha! Imagine being condemned, defamed, lied about by a complete psychotic mess of a manchild after massively cheating you who turns out was deflecting from deep mental problems & his own PR liabilities! This unhinged hypocrite bigoted bastard showing up from neo-geo.com in my forums/projects to get up on his high horse to smear me as an "embarassment" had A LOT of fucking nerve! BURN IN HELL!!

So...I finally figured out why all of XSEED/WyrdWad's friends can be credited for just about anything (including Ys Celceta DVD piracy) but I cannot (they have VERY high standards for people of good/moral character, you see):
Only bold/bald/fat homicidal cock-flashers & wyrdwad pedophiles are 'acceptable' for being credited on XSEED Games' localizations...

Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: Cheap Auto Insurance  (Read 5834 times)

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
Cheap Auto Insurance
« on: Jun. 10, 2007, 10:10:57 AM »
Curious. Who is your current auto insurance provider? Are you happy with them? Where do you go online to get the best deal?

Need to see if I can do better than my current provider and am looking for options.

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline WordMan

• Hapless Fledgling
  • Hi. What a wonderful smell you've discovered.
    • View Profile
Re: Cheap Auto Insurance
« Reply #1 on: Jun. 11, 2007, 06:39:54 AM »
I'm not really sure if I'm a fair comparison to you, but here's my setup.  I use Nationwide for my auto and house insurance so I get an auto discount because of that.  I'm over 25 and have no accidents or tickets for the past 5 years.   I also have med-pay  (this shit is essential, so get it, I'm serious here.  It helps majorly if you've been injured in ANY way in an accident) which is only like $6 extra a month.  I also get defensive driving courses to take at work so I get discounts for that as well.  Ah, my wife is a stay at home mom so that's another discount.  Once her last accident went off our insurance our monthly premium when from $170 a month to $60 a month.   My insurance has never been this low before.

No one will remember today except that two stood against many. I ask you, Father Crom, grant me victory, grant me revenge. And if you will not grant them to me; then the hell with you!

When all else fails, we shall whip the horse's eyes and make
them sleep, and cry.

Offline ViperD

• Eager Initiate
  • Silly gilly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun. 12, 2007, 03:23:00 AM »
My insurance isn't cheap, but I have full coverage on my car. I use State Farm and pay about $440 every six months. My record is pretty good with no accidents, DUIs, took their little "Are you a good driver" test, and own an older then 10 year vehicle. I still wish I was in school though, that good grades discount brought it down to $380ish every six months.

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #3 on: Jun. 12, 2007, 03:08:20 PM »
Hm, you guys are paying a lot more than me then. Heh. I got a few days left before having to take the easy way out by renewing with my current provider. I'm too tired and busy to shop around for something more affordable, so I'll probably just live with 'em for another year I guess. I was hoping someone had something quick for me to look at, but oh well. I won't get to see it by the time I get online again anyway and I only have 5 days left to renew.

Offline ViperD

• Eager Initiate
  • Silly gilly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun. 13, 2007, 03:29:21 PM »
what is the story on the are you a good driver test?   I am on state farm for all my stuff but it is not about the cost it is the service when i have had issues with the house that has made me stay with them.
The test is something for 25 year olds or younger, it helps lower your cost by like 20%. If you want the actual name I can ask about it. I've stayed with State Farm because I've always had them, they've never treated me badly yet. The day I get robbed and they only give me $100 bucks, I may start looking for a new agent.

NW, I know location has a big thing to do with how much you pay, so does being married and being over 30. I know if I were married my insurance would go down, and still being in my mid-twenties (and male) I'm still in a risk area, though my costs are no where near what they were when I was 16. Chicago I'd think would have tons of competition, so finding someone cheaper in the next year shouldn't be too hard, there's always progressive to do simple checks.
« Last Edit: Jun. 13, 2007, 03:39:48 PM by ViperD »

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #5 on: Jun. 18, 2007, 02:17:40 PM »
*Feels stupid*

OK, I made the mistake of renewing my policy at $321 for one year with the old provider. A few days go by and geico junk mail arrives. I say what the fuck, I'll give it a shot. I tried these guys years ago but I didn't see much savings. So anyway, I gave the lady all the info and she quoted me $90 bucks for 6 months. So WTF, I accepted her deal! This is for the bare minimum legal requirement (liability only) for the state of Illinois. So one year is $180 bucks compared to $321 with my current fucking provider. Ripping me off by almost $141... Now I gotta drive to their office to terminate the renewal order to see my credit card refunded... They need my signature they claim and I don't have a means to fax it, yet they took my credit card number over the phone and managed to charge me just fine... Funny that...

Offline Jest

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jun. 21, 2007, 02:17:31 AM »
Yeah, I'm thinking of going down to liability w/ glass if they offer that, cause my windshield has a tendency to get messed up. I don't have glass right now, but I'll definitely be picking it up soon.

Peace Out
Jest

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #7 on: Jul. 14, 2007, 01:54:29 PM »
*Breathes a sigh of relief*

Finally got my refund from that old provider. $321. They got away with the $5 "convenience fee" they charge when you pay with a credit card. Literally had to wait a month. Anyway, happy to be switched over to Geico fully now.

Offline JoeQuaker

• Mad Scientist
  • Experienced Guildsman
  • Joe TalksToTheWind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jul. 18, 2007, 01:10:13 PM »
ROFL Bout time eh?! Geico beats em all hands down IMO.

Offline Arto94

• I'm still here!
  • Hapless Fledgling
  • Hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jul. 19, 2007, 07:18:26 AM »
I really wish that I wasn't stuck here in the great garden state (New Jersey), where everything is damn expensive.  I pay about $300/mo for car insurance, and that's with the cheapest NJ insurance company.  I should go with geico due to my excellent credit rating, but I have heard from a few people that when it comes to actually filing a claim, and car repairs, they get by with the cheapest garbage parts that they can salvage.

But hey, guess I should be taking what they say with a grain of salt...so many people have it now.
I will crush you.  Your journey ends here.  Oh hey, by the way, you know the only thing that can defeat me is a full set of Silver Equipment.  You.....you what??  Oh.....this is no good.

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #10 on: Jul. 20, 2007, 04:15:19 PM »
ROFL Bout time eh?! Geico beats em all hands down IMO.

Yeah, no kidding. I recall I already expressed to you in rather colorful language over AIM as to how uh, uh, you know, perturbed, yessss, perturbed, I was about the whole situation... Like whatever I was doing, suddenly I'd think about it and start talking to myself. The content of my expression went something along the lines of: "THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!!! THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU... TO! GIVE! ME! MY! FUCKING! MONEY! BACK! NOOOOOOOOOOOWWW!! WHERE IS MY FUCKING MONEY??? WHERE O ART THOU? IT TOOK YOU FUCKING SCROTUM SACKS 5 MINUTES TO CHARGE MY CARD!!! 5 MINUTES!! 5 MINUTES!! WHY THEN... WHY THEN DOES IT TAKE YOU FOUR FUCKING WEEKS TO REVERSE THE CHARGE?!??!?! WWWWWWHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYY?"

You get the idea. :P Yesss, I know, I'm very eloquent/articulate, shall we say, in my use of the vernacular...

In the meantime, while they were scratching their asses, the CC bill came before the charge reversal obviously, so I got whatever finance charge tacked into the bill for an extra $321 loan that didn't fucking need to be there!! The product was returned IN FULL on June 18th. It was to take effect on the 20th... I had to wait on the mark till July 12th. It's the first time I've ever had to deal with this, so obviously I didn't take it well. On top of making me wait for a month, I would've been ripped off by $141 by these guys... Nice little parting gift for the customer, huh?

I really liked how I got all this expedited service after those first 5 minutes. The temporary insurance cards came within 4 days, along with the verification that the order had been properly processed, etc.. All this, even after the cancellation. Not long after, they even sent me the permanent insurance cards which started to worry me. HELLO MORONS, YOU ASSURED ME THE POLICY WAS CANCELLED! WHY IS THIS IN MY MAILBOX???

But yeah, then when you cancel the shit and ask for your refund, they go all "OH NOOOOOOSSS!" on you... It's a "process" now and you need to come give them your signature... You're placed WAY WAY back at the end of the line basically... Suddenly, that amazing original expedited service you received is nowhere to be found... *POOF* Houdini-style...

Anyway, all over and done with man.

I pay about $300/mo for car insurance, and that's with the cheapest NJ insurance company.

WHAT in the fuck? $300/month? That's ass-rape my friend. My spider sense is telling me I got very little to have been bitching about all along... Yesssss... I think I'll go in my corner now.

EDIT: You MUST have meant per 6 months, no?? Tell me I jumped the gun. $3,600 a year just cannot be accurate from what you said... It cannot be...

I should go with geico due to my excellent credit rating, but I have heard from a few people that when it comes to actually filing a claim, and car repairs, they get by with the cheapest garbage parts that they can salvage.

Perhaps, but in my case, what made it easy is that I had never filed a claim with my previous provider so I wouldn't know what kind of service they were good for in such an event (It couldn't be that good, though. See my experience above... :P Not a good indicator...). My main objective was to remain legal for as cheap as possible. In the event that officer friendly pulls me over, I need to be able to provide him a valid insurance card. Thus, given that one guy was willing to keep me legal for $141 less, I'm flipping the bird to other guy and making the switch without a second thought...

Anyway, I found it hard to believe I could get a deal like that. Their stupid gimmick of a talking Gecko with a British accent or whatnot actually kept me away - I couldn't take them seriously. I know I had gotten a quote from them a couple of years ago and I didn't see much, if any, savings... Ever since, whenever I'd see a commericial of theirs with that stupid Gecko, I'd be reminded of how much shit I thought they were full of. Funny how I've had an interesting turnaround now, though. That fucking Gecko isn't actually so bad. It speaks the truth!

Offline zaratus

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jul. 21, 2007, 01:24:58 PM »
Got Geico here too.  Switched a WHILE ago, they were much cheaper than the old provider. 

Heh, your little rant there seems *very* inspired by Sam Kinison.  It's just missing YOU FUCKING WHORE!  WHOOOOOOOORRRE!  OH OH OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I'm pretty sure I've heard him deliver that line, "the power of christ compels you" in his well-known screaming voice, but I couldn't seem to find a clip of it.  I can hear it so clearly in my head too... 

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #12 on: Jul. 21, 2007, 01:58:52 PM »
Heh, your little rant there seems *very* inspired by Sam Kinison.  It's just missing YOU FUCKING WHORE!  WHOOOOOOOORRRE!  OH OH OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Haha. I forgot about that guy. Man, that's perfect. You captured his shtick in typed-up form perfectly.

I'm pretty sure I've heard him deliver that line, "the power of christ compels you" in his well-known screaming voice, but I couldn't seem to find a clip of it. 

Hm, could be where Mike Meyers got it from? For me, the influence was from one of the Austin Powers movies.

I can hear it so clearly in my head too...

Yeah. Too bad he died in a crash or something.

Offline Arto94

• I'm still here!
  • Hapless Fledgling
  • Hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jul. 23, 2007, 08:08:37 AM »

Anyway, all over and done with man.

WHAT in the fuck? $300/month? That's ass-rape my friend. My spider sense is telling me I got very little to have been bitching about all along... Yesssss... I think I'll go in my corner now.

EDIT: You MUST have meant per 6 months, no?? Tell me I jumped the gun. $3,600 a year just cannot be accurate from what you said... It cannot be...

Perhaps, but in my case, what made it easy is that I had never filed a claim with my previous provider so I wouldn't know what kind of service they were good for in such an event (It couldn't be that good, though. See my experience above... :P Not a good indicator...). My main objective was to remain legal for as cheap as possible. In the event that officer friendly pulls me over, I need to be able to provide him a valid insurance card. Thus, given that one guy was willing to keep me legal for $141 less, I'm flipping the bird to other guy and making the switch without a second thought...

I have 2 cars on my plan, and since I'm only 22, I'm a high rish driver (I also drive 114(or more) miles monday through friday, so that makes it go up even more) I also have one accident in which the ins company decided to total my car, so that's another strike against me.

The exact number is $248 per MONTH, I was a bit wrong saying almost 300, it's almost $250.  Which is still 3k/yr.  Hell, I only drive a tiny hyundai.

It's just alot more expensive to live here.  My mortgage on my house is $1100/mo, and I have a three bed one bath, kitchen/dining area & utility closet/laundry room.

The house is also a little more than 800 square feet.

This house would cost twice as much if it was one hour away north in the state.  That's the reason for my commute into work.  I've been saving up to get a CONDO closer to work, roughly the SAME square footage of my house (some are a bit more) for almost the same price that I paid on my house.
I will crush you.  Your journey ends here.  Oh hey, by the way, you know the only thing that can defeat me is a full set of Silver Equipment.  You.....you what??  Oh.....this is no good.