In dedication of XSEED Games and the WyrdWad KKK Witch era, we present Jeff "DeuceBag" Nussbaum in his own words:

Why, if I didn't know any better, I'd say Psycho Jeff is involving/attacking innocent families of neo-geo.com fans he wants to see die and help kill [painfully]!! Remember how a defining part of the WyrdWad era was equating targets to Hitler/Nazis ? Isn't this rant a Nazi eugenicist speech ? The "superior" fat, bald, cock-flasher says certain people AND their offspring need to be eliminated for being inferior, who represent a "pollution" of the human gene pool... It sure sounds like a Nazi speech to me by Jeff here, am I wrong XSEED fans/shills ?? Looking at you, DigitalEmelas! I mean, if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, ya know ?? What do I know right? Everybody's ignoring it and other XSEED embarrassments...

Not the first time either: when one of his bosses fired him (shock!), he not only wanted him dead but implied his kids must be as horribly ugly as he is! He didn't think anyone would read his blog, but like omgfloofy says, "Know your translator..." I was also added to his kill-list when I trolled him on Kotaku's KKK Witches article (he wants me to die by an acid bath)... Another funny anecdote: while there are ambulance-chasers, Bankruptcy Jeff falls under the rare ambulance-crasher category, haha! Imagine being condemned, defamed, lied about by a complete psychotic mess of a manchild after massively cheating you who turns out was deflecting from deep mental problems & his own PR liabilities! This unhinged hypocrite bigoted bastard showing up from neo-geo.com in my forums/projects to get up on his high horse to smear me as an "embarassment" had A LOT of fucking nerve! BURN IN HELL!!

So...I finally figured out why all of XSEED/WyrdWad's friends can be credited for just about anything (including Ys Celceta DVD piracy) but I cannot (they have VERY high standards for people of good/moral character, you see):
While you are NOT credit-worthy, bold/bald/fat homicidal cock-flashers & wyrdwad pedophiles ARE 'acceptable' for being credited on XSEED Games' localizations...

Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: Ys Utopia !  (Read 12951 times)

Offline Gillian Seed

• Snatcher Killer
  • Eager Initiate
  • Silly Vip
    • View Profile
    • Gillian Seed's Site
Ys Utopia !
« on: Jan. 19, 2009, 04:34:46 PM »
Yay, NightWolve's website is back. :)
Anyway, happy new year !!
"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't ... "

Offline Agent_K64

• Hapless Fledgling
  • Hax.
    • View Profile
Re: Ys Utopia !
« Reply #1 on: Jan. 20, 2009, 11:35:36 PM »
zomg hax
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #2 on: Jan. 22, 2009, 11:31:16 PM »
OH. MY. GAWWWD.

I don' believe it...

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline Gillian Seed

• Snatcher Killer
  • Eager Initiate
  • Silly Vip
    • View Profile
    • Gillian Seed's Site
« Reply #3 on: Jan. 25, 2009, 09:01:33 AM »
test
"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't ... "

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #4 on: Jan. 25, 2009, 11:17:43 AM »
 ??? :( >:(

Offline Butt-Pirate

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan. 25, 2009, 11:19:24 AM »
Yello everybody! True to my name, I am the resident butt-pirate as if that wasn't already obvious! I wanna be your friend! Yaaaaaay!
Wanna be friends? I'll hook ya up with whatever you want, games, movies, etc. I have torrent access to nearly EVERYTHING!! Heheheheheh.

Offline Agent_K64

• Hapless Fledgling
  • Hax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan. 25, 2009, 05:12:26 PM »
I see wat u did dere  O0

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #7 on: Feb. 01, 2009, 04:05:31 PM »

Offline rocket

• Always an Ys Fan!
  • Eager Initiate
  • Which way to the sword shop?
    • View Profile
    • Ys I & II COMPLETE Bonus Item and Event Website
« Reply #8 on: Feb. 04, 2009, 10:12:18 PM »
looking good
Someone once said being #1 just ain't realistic.

Ys I & II COMPLETE Bonus Item and Event Website

https://www.ysutopia.net/projects/yscomplete/bonus/

Offline rocket

• Always an Ys Fan!
  • Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Feb. 10, 2009, 08:50:54 PM »
its nice to see a lot of familiar names again.

Offline Red Hairdo

• Hapless Fledgling
  • Red-haired swordsmen...What makes them so special?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Feb. 17, 2009, 02:13:52 PM »
Hm, great. :)

Though I didn't expect all the accounts to be kept alive during all this time. That's good, I guess. :)

So... it might take some months for this place to be "reformed", huh...

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #11 on: Feb. 20, 2009, 03:36:21 PM »
Ah, you found the place, Red. Well, you deserve credit for finally helping me select a domain name. I also didn't realize the source can be attributed to Alan Oppenheimer's opening line in NEC's Ys Book I & II:

"Ys, the ideal utopia… How could such a land of promise, simply vanish from the face of the planet? How could such prosperity be forgotten? The legend has been silenced for over 700 years. And now, the mystery unfolds…"

It's good enough I suppose and it'd probably take me another year or more to find something better, so that's that...

The main hang-up was choosing between running a personal blog with my patches listed on the side, mainly, like Derrick's (aka D-BOY) place at http://cinnamonpirate.com/, OR, a gathering place with an Ys-oriented theme around it since that's pretty much what my legacy is centered around: Ys patches. So, based on either of the two paths, the domain name would have to reflect it accordingly.

The "Plight of the Fan Translator" title was actually a nod to Disney's old movie "Flight of the Navigator" which I thought was kinda nifty. I also liked it because it was VERY FITTING given most my "constituents" (aka "fan" base) and general (doesn't tie me down to a particular game series), so say in the event I actually did another patch outside of the Ys series (I do have Xak III), it would cause no conflict the way something like 'ysutopia' does, but unfortunately there wasn't any clever way to reduce that title down to an appropriate domain name, at least, none that I could see. Thus, the only idea left was with something like ysutopia.net though it has the limiting problem, etc. But yeah, it's passable, easy to remember, and basically respectable enough where it's not uberdorky. "Ys Utopia.net" should make for a good site logo too! MP83?? =)

Something that I don't get though when it comes to domain names is that it seems you can't secure them beyond a year... I wanted to pay in advance for at least 5 years, but the way things work is with annual intervals; you have a 2 week window to renew your ownership when the year's up... Not too comforting.

Offline Agent_K64

• Hapless Fledgling
  • Hax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Feb. 23, 2009, 02:17:06 PM »
Your domain registrar sucks, then. xP I'm not sure how others are, but I use Namecheap.com and .net domains can be registered through them for 1~10 years, for $9.69/yr. I've never had any problems with them. I'm not sure how they compare as far as pricing, though.

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #13 on: Feb. 23, 2009, 02:43:54 PM »
Damn it, I should've talked to you first then. I registered through Google and figured since they're big, they'll be around forever and probably have the best set up. Guess not.

Offline duke4711

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Feb. 24, 2009, 12:32:32 PM »
Well, I just noticed Nightwolve's site back up. I must say that is a beautiful thing.
Great spirits have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds.
-Albert Einstein

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #15 on: Feb. 24, 2009, 03:02:05 PM »
Hey duke, welcome back.

I do plan on mass emailing all existing accounts here when this site is ready, so some members will return. Thing is I need help coming up with an Ys oriented theme, an Ys Utopia.net logo, etc. so I wonder if it's better to make the site live and see how many good members come back like johnnybleu to ask for their design help.

Offline Red Hairdo

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Feb. 27, 2009, 09:29:31 AM »
I also didn't realize the source can be attributed to Alan Oppenheimer's opening line in NEC's Ys Book I & II:

"Ys, the ideal utopia… How could such a land of promise, simply vanish from the face of the planet? How could such prosperity be forgotten? The legend has been silenced for over 700 years. And now, the mystery unfolds…"
Yes, whenever I think of "Ys Utopia" I'm reminded of the wonderful Ys Book I & II intro. God damn amazing. :)

Edit: Wow, the white background of the quoting box looks strange with the rather dark site background. :o So far, that is.
« Last Edit: Feb. 27, 2009, 09:33:14 AM by Red Hairdo »

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #17 on: Mar. 01, 2009, 02:52:48 AM »
Edit: Wow, the white background of the quoting box looks strange with the rather dark site background. :o So far, that is.

Yeah, it was much worse though, pure white, before I edited this ShinyBlue theme to make it at least grayish. There are other SMF themes to play with, but so far, I like this one well enough, but I wonder to what extent it could be adapted into an Ys oriented theme... I don't have anyone to help me just yet, so it's either waiting for more SMF themes to be released or doing as much as I can myself, as usual...

Offline Red Hairdo

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Mar. 01, 2009, 12:54:18 PM »
Ys oriented theme...
I think it would be really good if whatever Ys theme you end up choosing was also an Ys 7 theme.

New site, new entry in the series. Relate both.

It seems Ys 7 already has its own logo so far, and its release is expected in September.

Offline rocket

• Always an Ys Fan!
  • Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Mar. 09, 2009, 10:09:54 PM »
Ys oriented theme...
I think it would be really good if whatever Ys theme you end up choosing was also an Ys 7 theme.

New site, new entry in the series. Relate both.

It seems Ys 7 already has its own logo so far, and its release is expected in September.

Sept...   lol Well if I am employeeded i know what i will have to be buying 2 of...

Offline SkyeWelse

• Global Moderator
  • Eager Initiate
  • On a quest to find Xanadu
    • View Profile
    • XyZ - A Tribute to Xak, Ys, and Zelda
« Reply #20 on: Mar. 27, 2009, 10:51:40 AM »
Sorry it's taken me a bit to make a first post since you've reopened the doors. I've been very busy trying to work on a personal business related website and a fan gaming project for Xanadu to possibly get into some kind of game industry related internship over the summer. I've got this weekend to build everything to make it all happen and so far I'm not off to the best start! : )

Other than that, I've been in a Falcom game collecting mood lately and I've been considering starting up a new website project that deals with action-adventure rpgs and has extensive sections on a few titles such as Ys, Xak (Already got that part mostly done from XyZ), Golvellius, Crystalis and the entire line of Xanadu/Faxanadu games, filled with all kinds of content treasures the likes of which not even hardcore Japanese Xanadu sites have seen! : )

Anyhow, it's great to see your place back online and I'll hopefully get a chance to be more active as soon as I can manage to dig up some free time! Also, I think the banner/logo looks very nice. I can always take a crack at designing a big one for the main Ys Utopia index page one of these days if you feel like you can use it.

-Thomas

Offline Mejilan

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Apr. 05, 2009, 10:34:11 PM »
Wow.  It's new, yet it's a blast from the past.

IT LIIIIIIIVES!

Offline Waverider

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Apr. 06, 2009, 04:45:31 PM »
Hello all, It's great to see the site back up in a different form.  :)

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #23 on: Apr. 06, 2009, 07:22:05 PM »
Waverider's sig:

► clip1.mp3

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHA!

Wait... Lemme compose myself... OK.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHA!

THAT right there is a BLAST from the past my friend!

God, you just can't fathom how it's possible that somebody would actually let something so laughably bad go into the final product... I am glad they did of course, I mean, Last Alert gained legendary status because of it.

EDIT: Nevah forget the legendary Last Alert special by Gameological Society! No better video to complement this new episode!

Offline sideshow

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Apr. 07, 2009, 12:24:43 AM »
Its great to see the site back and looking all snazzy.  Everyone seems to be all giddy with Ys Seven on its way.

Offline neo82

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Apr. 07, 2009, 12:54:55 AM »
Its great to see the site back and looking all snazzy.  Everyone seems to be all giddy with Ys Seven on its way.

Ys 7?? whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?  I don't stay on top of Ys news but that definitely seems exciting!

Nightwolve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whats up?

(pioneer869 if you remember me better that way...hahaha)

Offline WordMan

• Hapless Fledgling
  • Hi. What a wonderful smell you've discovered.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Apr. 07, 2009, 06:29:17 AM »
Yay, the site's back, and I remembered my log-in. 

Oddly enough, I got the email to come back this morning.  Yet, yesterday was my birthday and I got an email from this site saying happy birthday.  YsUtopia?  huh? 

No one will remember today except that two stood against many. I ask you, Father Crom, grant me victory, grant me revenge. And if you will not grant them to me; then the hell with you!

When all else fails, we shall whip the horse's eyes and make
them sleep, and cry.

Offline Arto94

• I'm still here!
  • Hapless Fledgling
  • Hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Apr. 07, 2009, 07:50:52 AM »
 O0
I will crush you.  Your journey ends here.  Oh hey, by the way, you know the only thing that can defeat me is a full set of Silver Equipment.  You.....you what??  Oh.....this is no good.

Offline /dev/null

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Apr. 07, 2009, 08:04:04 AM »
the site is looking awesome!! love the red leaf cursor too, nice touch.  Glad youre back.
baka.

Offline slasherzero

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Apr. 07, 2009, 09:14:30 AM »
Welcome back. I like the new design. I am looking forward to visiting here more often in the future.

Offline Justus

• Hapless Fledgling
  • The sound guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Apr. 07, 2009, 09:37:30 AM »
Good to see these forums back up.  I honestly never expected to see them again.

It's been a hell of a two years for me, mostly spent working my ass off to keep putting food on my table as an entrepreneur in the entertainment sector (in the midwest at that) during these economic troubles while frantically cramming in night classes to work towards a more stable career.

It's not all bad though, since I've always wanted to learn more about electrical engineering anyways, and I still manage a relatively consistent flow of clientele.  And I've discovered that I can pick up some of the financial slack by repairing Xbox 360s (red ring of death is HILARIOUSLY easy to fix it turns out).

Maybe someday (perhaps when I graduate 1 year from now), I'll actually be able to live off of working only 40 hours a week, and will have spare time for extra things (if you know what I mean).

tldr - I probably still won't post or participate much, but it's still good to see it around.

Offline RodaMan

• Hapless Fledgling
  • I'm doing it as hard as I can!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Apr. 07, 2009, 02:41:36 PM »
I second the general sentiment..good to see the site back up! I'm also digging the black/brown schema you've got going on. I have to ask though, does the font on the banner remind anyone else of LOTR lettering or is it just me? I’ve been putting in way to many hours at work lately so that might have something to do with it.

Offline Sanhime

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Apr. 07, 2009, 02:43:58 PM »
Wow!  Nice to see the website back up and running!  Welcome back all!

Offline TDOMMX

• Eager Initiate
  • I won't give up.
    • View Profile
    • Darkside Translations
« Reply #33 on: Apr. 07, 2009, 04:41:17 PM »
I can't believe I didn't bother popping in to say "hi" even though I've been lurking here from the moment NightWolve filled me in.  It's nice to see so many familiar faces (and a couple new ones).

This kinda makes me wonder how long I've been a part of this community, especially considering I've seen it rebuilt at least twice (RIGG, Plight of the Fan Translator, then Ys Utopia)...

the site is looking awesome!! love the red leaf cursor too, nice touch.  Glad youre back.
I take it you haven't played through any of the umpteen remakes of Ys I?  That's not a leaf; it's a <<FLAME SWORD>>.  May as well turn in your Ys badge now - you are not worthy. :P

(Relax, I'm kidding.)
This is TDOMMX (formerly Magus0857) signing out.

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #34 on: Apr. 07, 2009, 08:33:29 PM »
I see Justus and then immediately notice a "Vesper Voyagers v.4" link at his sig, so I click it, but you get a File Not Found error after you click their Download File link. :( You will fix, yesss, Justus?? ;)

Well, it's good that almost everyone's email address was still valid. There were only about 2 addresses that bounced really. I figured with all that time, surely there would be a lot more abandoned addresses with the remaining accounts here. (I screwed up the first batch while getting the hang of SMF's newsletter system for mass mailings, so that's why about 150 out of 238 addresses got that 2nd repeat mail.)

Anyway, welcome back, y'all! Yay!!!!!

So yeah, a new home finally, but there's always so much unfinished work left. Not bad so far though. I'm not terribly crazy about the brownish feel, but it was the best I could do until I can get help from somebody/anybody in improving it. Johnnyblue did the logo and a few buttons for me to get things going, so somewhat off to a good start at least.

That's not a leaf; it's a <<FLAME SWORD>>.  May as well turn in your Ys badge now

Eheh, that was good...

Though, should I be worried somebody else might first think it to be a leaf also?

Offline Philemon

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Apr. 07, 2009, 11:44:07 PM »
I'm really glad the forums are back! Just got the invite today  8)

It's exciting to see everyone again  ;D

Offline Justus

• Hapless Fledgling
  • The sound guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Apr. 08, 2009, 12:09:50 AM »
I see Justus and then immediately notice a "Vesper Voyagers v.4" link at his sig, so I click it, but you get a File Not Found error after you click their Download File link. :( You will fix, yesss, Justus?? ;)

Ah!  Apparently at some point Zshare.net started sucking 9 dicks in hell.

Well, I'll try switching it to Tindeck.  It started out only working for the Something Awful forums, but I think it works everywhere now.  Guess we'll find out.

Far be it for me to fail to subject everyone possible to my awful awful music.

I'm definitely finally done revising that particular track.  Four revisions of the same music is way too much.  I just couldn't resist doing it with analog synthesizers and some of my newer post-production equipment (including my homemade equalizer).

This is the sort of thing you have to look forward to if I ever get around to writing that Ys 6 alternative soundtrack (only I'll probably use much more 80s-tastic sounds like the old PCE soundtracks)

Offline esteban666

• Eager Initiate
  • "Swing the Glove to Exit" -Jackie Chan POWERBOXING
    • View Profile
    • TurboPlay Magazine Archives
« Reply #37 on: Apr. 15, 2009, 09:18:29 AM »
Wow, I can't believe that this place is back! :) Yay!

I meant to post a few days ago, but I'm on vacation and the only time I can get a decent internet connection is when I'm outside of my hotel. Yes, my hotel has a fantastic view, but only teases with inconsistent wifi.

Anyway...

I think I had just moved back to NJ when I was last here, checking the forums regularly.

Life is a lot better now: I have a stable career and my daughter is now 5 friggin' years old.

That means, comrades, that I do all of the following:
1. Jonas Brothers movie (3D!) opening weekend. Saw it.
2. Hannah Montana movie opening day. Check.
3. High School Musical 3 opening weekend. Check.
4. Disney's crappy music infiltrating my mind? Yes.
5. Me singing along to Disney's music and enjoying it? Yes.
6. Ask me what my favorite Hanah or High School Musical songs are. Go ahead.

Yes, life has changed a wee bit.
  |    | 

Offline milamber3

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May. 03, 2009, 03:05:10 AM »
Good to see you back NightWolve   ;D

Offline geise

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May. 08, 2009, 12:29:29 PM »
Yeah I'm really glad to see the page back up and updated.  I really like the color scheme going on.  Thanks for the message on pcengine-fx.com letting me know this site is up.  I would've thought it was gone for good.