In dedication of XSEED Games and the WyrdWad KKK Witch era, we present Jeff "DeuceBag" Nussbaum in his own words:

Why, if I didn't know any better, I'd say Psycho Jeff is involving/attacking the innocent families of neo-geo.com fans he wants to see die and help kill [painfully]!! Not the first time: when one of his bosses fired him (shock!), he not only wanted him dead but implied his kids must be as horribly ugly as he is! He didn't think anyone would read his blog, but like omgfloofy says, "Know your translator..." Another funny anecdote: while there are ambulance-chasers, Bankruptcy Jeff falls under the rare ambulance-crasher category, haha! Imagine being condemned, defamed, lied about by a complete psychotic mess of a manchild after massively cheating you who turns out was deflecting from deep mental problems & his own PR liabilities! This unhinged hypocrite bigoted bastard showing up from neo-geo.com in my forums/projects to get up on his high horse to smear me as an "embarassment" had A LOT of fucking nerve! BURN IN HELL!!

So...I finally figured out why all of XSEED/WyrdWad's friends can be credited for just about anything (including Ys Celceta DVD piracy) but I cannot (they have VERY high standards for people of good/moral character, you see):
Only bold/bald/fat homicidal cock-flashers & wyrdwad pedophiles are 'acceptable' for being credited on XSEED Games' localizations...

Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: New projects  (Read 6734 times)

Offline Arjak

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
New projects
« on: Jan. 22, 2006, 05:37:20 PM »
Are there any new projects that you are thinking about doing?

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
RE: New projects
« Reply #1 on: Jan. 22, 2006, 05:55:31 PM »
I would have to see where I am by the year's end. After Felghana and Ys VI, I dunno if I'll take on anything new. It'll all depend if I get my real life career back on track and take care of some other things to free up some time. The same goes for Psycho DeuceBag since assuming if I did pick a new Falcom project I wanted to work on, say Xanadu Next or ED6, I would have to get him interested and motivated in it. So that's your other uncertainty. Of course, that did work in reverse with Felghana since he convinced me to hack it because he was so eager to have a crack at translating the script, so I had to take advantage of his willingness and enthusiasm at the time even though I wanted to work on a home bathroom remodeling project I'm still in the middle of. But anyhow, as it stands right now, he's mostly taking a break from things.

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline Seldane

• Dulk Dekt
  • Seasoned Veteran
  • Maayti
    • View Profile
    • Ancient Land of Ys
« Reply #2 on: Jan. 23, 2006, 01:55:01 PM »
I heard from Psycho DeuceBag that he's seeing someone, and I don't think he'd want to translate games right now.

It'd be cool with a Zwei!! translation though (considering you've hacked the game already), but it seems like you're sick of that game, now aren't you? ;)
DVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:

Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: ! Sir, the door was open.

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #3 on: Jan. 24, 2006, 07:44:28 AM »
Yeah, I'm not terribly interested in that game.

Offline rocket

• Always an Ys Fan!
  • Eager Initiate
  • Which way to the sword shop?
    • View Profile
    • Ys I & II COMPLETE Bonus Item and Event Website
« Reply #4 on: Jan. 30, 2006, 10:24:51 AM »
well that explains the MIA...  sometimes i guess it is good to be gone...
Someone once said being #1 just ain't realistic.

Ys I & II COMPLETE Bonus Item and Event Website

https://www.ysutopia.net/projects/yscomplete/bonus/

Offline shades_of_blue

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Re: New projects
« Reply #5 on: Feb. 22, 2006, 07:16:47 PM »
Well, if you do deside to pickup another title after Napishtim and Felghana my recommendation would be Xanadu Next. Not just because I'd really would like to see it in English, but because I have a feeling that Bandai may pickup the rights to LOH6 and LOH6 part2. I say this because they already have rights for all 3 planned LOH PSP titles. Unless I'm mistaken they're actually co-producers of the PSP titles?!? Of course the possibility of them picking any other LOH title up will solely depend on the PSP titles success...

http://www.falcom.com/licence/list/soft_f.html
BANDAI
The Legend of Heroes Gagharv Trilogy -A Tear of Vermilion- [PSP U.S.A]
The Legend of Heroes Gagharv Trilogy -White Witch- [PSP U.S.A]
The Legend of Heroes Gagharv Trilogy -A Cagesong of the Ocean- [PSP U.S.A]

Offline Seldane

• Dulk Dekt
  • Seasoned Veteran
  • Maayti
    • View Profile
    • Ancient Land of Ys
« Reply #6 on: Feb. 23, 2006, 09:11:17 AM »
I doubt Bandai will touch ED6, but they developed the PSP versions of ED3-5, Falcom has nothing to do with the development of those titles.

Anyway, I don't expect a translation of Xanadu Next/ED6, and I don't want one either*, but if you were to translate either of them, I'd recommend Xanadu Next since it contains a lot less dialogue than ED6 (there's almost no dialogue in it whatsoever).

*I'm in no way "against" a translation, I'd be really happy if someone did one, but I'm not going to feel bad if nothing ever happens.
DVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:

Offline Dark Sol

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Feb. 26, 2006, 06:37:30 AM »
Xanadu Next will be cool. I don't think there's a lot text to translate... but still devours a lot of time and effort.  :P

Offline shades_of_blue

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Feb. 26, 2006, 08:18:00 PM »
I doubt Bandai will touch ED6, but they developed the PSP versions of ED3-5, Falcom has nothing to do with the development of those titles.

well that explains the licensing for all three PSP titles, i had a feeling that it had to be something among those lines.

Offline MP83

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Feb. 27, 2006, 04:49:36 AM »
Typing of Ys, anyone? Just wondering...

Offline adol1976

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Feb. 27, 2006, 11:45:02 AM »
Well NW, still waiting for the pictures of your works in home... and now the bathroom... ;)
Well factly would like to see some shots of your old chicago design ... hope you keep it old... :)
And about an other project.... well just wait about another YS, falcom is a money-company, so they will continue it...
Finally, you seems translating only Falcom's  games. why ?
Are the other japanese games enough good ?

Offline Paranoia Dragon

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
    • Frozen Utopia
« Reply #11 on: Feb. 28, 2006, 05:01:25 AM »
Hmm, why do those say USA on them, does that mean there's a chance that Bandai will actually release them over here?
Freedom is the right of all sentient beans!

Offline Seldane

• Dulk Dekt
  • Seasoned Veteran
  • Maayti
    • View Profile
    • Ancient Land of Ys
« Reply #12 on: Feb. 28, 2006, 08:47:04 AM »
Hmm, why do those say USA on them, does that mean there's a chance that Bandai will actually release them over here?

They've licensed all of them for a worldwide release, but I'm fairly skeptical that they'll ever end up in America. At least ED3.

Offline Paranoia Dragon

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
    • Frozen Utopia
« Reply #13 on: Mar. 01, 2006, 01:50:23 AM »
You're probably right, but I'm still semi-hoping for a release of all 3 out here.  And.....who's the wise guy that gave me a negative karma point, this is only my 3rd post, & I haven't done anything wrong :P

Offline MP83

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Mar. 01, 2006, 01:25:54 PM »
And.....who's the wise guy that gave me a negative karma point, this is only my 3rd post, & I haven't done anything wrong :P

That's why I hate the karma system. Yes, you heard/read me right. Go ahead and send me lots of negative karma. ;)

Offline Seldane

• Dulk Dekt
  • Seasoned Veteran
  • Maayti
    • View Profile
    • Ancient Land of Ys
« Reply #15 on: Mar. 01, 2006, 01:28:17 PM »
And.....who's the wise guy that gave me a negative karma point, this is only my 3rd post, & I haven't done anything wrong :P

That's why I hate the karma system. Yes, you heard/read me right. Go ahead and send me lots of negative karma. ;)

I hate it too. Especially the one with seperate positive and negative counters.

Offline ViperD

• Eager Initiate
  • Silly gilly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Mar. 01, 2006, 03:33:15 PM »
Why the hate? It's always nice to smite someone for stupidity. Since it does absolutely nothing to your access, I see nothing wrong with it.

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #17 on: Mar. 02, 2006, 01:36:38 AM »
Well NW, still waiting for the pictures of your works in home... and now the bathroom... ;)
Well factly would like to see some shots of your old chicago design ... hope you keep it old... :)

Yeah, I'm thinking about it. I'll see.

Finally, you seems translating only Falcom's  games. why ?
Are the other japanese games enough good ?

Sure there are other good games, but I've made my choice. Has a lot to do with history and first experiencing Ys Book I&II in my boyhood. It also had to do with my translators being Falcom fans (originally Shimarisu, currently Psycho DeuceBag) which is why they even wanted to translate for me. So while one can find many other good games to translate, it doesn't mean I can motivate translators to join me on a translation project for them. (The same goes for me, too, as I wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't for Falcom and the Ys series.) Besides, other translation groups are covering other games. I'm not the only guy doing this.

Offline Paranoia Dragon

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
    • Frozen Utopia
« Reply #18 on: Mar. 02, 2006, 03:05:36 AM »
Well, as I've said before, I hope maybe someday you'll do a few more PCE games, atleast, all the Falcom like the LOX games & LOH 2 I'd say most importantly, but I would love to play thru Popful Mail, Sorcerian, & Brandish someday as well.  BTW, anyone know if Psycho DeuceBag ever got started in an Ys 5 translation?  Several months ago, we were talking, & he mentioned that it looked like he "might" be able to start that soon, but I haven't heard of any news, of anyone sucessfully cracking into it.

Offline Seldane

• Dulk Dekt
  • Seasoned Veteran
  • Maayti
    • View Profile
    • Ancient Land of Ys
« Reply #19 on: Mar. 02, 2006, 05:58:58 AM »
Well, as I've said before, I hope maybe someday you'll do a few more PCE games, atleast, all the Falcom like the LOX games & LOH 2 I'd say most importantly, but I would love to play thru Popful Mail, Sorcerian, & Brandish someday as well.  BTW, anyone know if Psycho DeuceBag ever got started in an Ys 5 translation?  Several months ago, we were talking, & he mentioned that it looked like he "might" be able to start that soon, but I haven't heard of any news, of anyone sucessfully cracking into it.

The Mega-CD version of Popful Mail is superior to the PCE one and Brandish for SNES is definitely superior to the PCE version. And these games are in English.

Sorcerian is (in my opinion) a piece of junk. Nobody (and I mean nobody would care if someone translated that game.

Oh, and there's no progress with the Ys V translation. At least it wasn't last time I spoke to Psycho DeuceBag.