In dedication of XSEED Games and the WyrdWad KKK Witch era, we present Jeff "DeuceBag" Nussbaum in his own words:

Why, if I didn't know any better, I'd say Psycho Jeff is involving/attacking innocent families of neo-geo.com fans he wants to see die and help kill [painfully]!! Remember how a defining part of the WyrdWad era was equating targets to Hitler/Nazis ? Isn't this rant a Nazi eugenicist speech ? The "superior" fat, bald, cock-flasher says certain people AND their offspring need to be eliminated for being inferior, who represent a "pollution" of the human gene pool... It sure sounds like a Nazi speech to me by Jeff here, am I wrong XSEED fans/shills ?? Looking at you, DigitalEmelas! I mean, if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, ya know ?? What do I know right? Everybody's ignoring it and other XSEED embarrassments...

Not the first time either: when one of his bosses fired him (shock!), he not only wanted him dead but implied his kids must be as horribly ugly as he is! He didn't think anyone would read his blog, but like omgfloofy says, "Know your translator..." I was also added to his kill-list when I trolled him on Kotaku's KKK Witches article (he wants me to die by an acid bath)... Another funny anecdote: while there are ambulance-chasers, Bankruptcy Jeff falls under the rare ambulance-crasher category, haha! Imagine being condemned, defamed, lied about by a complete psychotic mess of a manchild after massively cheating you who turns out was deflecting from deep mental problems & his own PR liabilities! This unhinged hypocrite bigoted bastard showing up from neo-geo.com in my forums/projects to get up on his high horse to smear me as an "embarassment" had A LOT of fucking nerve! BURN IN HELL!!

So...I finally figured out why all of XSEED/WyrdWad's friends can be credited for just about anything (including Ys Celceta DVD piracy) but I cannot (they have VERY high standards for people of good/moral character, you see):
While you are NOT credit-worthy, bold/bald/fat homicidal cock-flashers & wyrdwad pedophiles ARE 'acceptable' for being credited on XSEED Games' localizations...

Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: Elder Scrolls IV rating change  (Read 3251 times)

Offline JoeQuaker

• Mad Scientist
  • Experienced Guildsman
  • Joe TalksToTheWind
    • View Profile
Elder Scrolls IV rating change
« on: May. 04, 2006, 08:18:57 AM »
http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=12604&rp=49

I've haven't played this game yet, but I have been keeping an eye on it. I looked up the topless patch for a screenshot... let's just say it's more tame than the National Geographic channel.

Towards the end of the story, I see this
Oblivion packaging already contains warnings for 'Violence' and 'Blood and Gore.'

So it would seem to me this is mostly about boobies.... lord forbid a 13 year old see pixelated boobies. I think the prudishness of things like this is pretty mind-boggling.

Offline Seldane

• Dulk Dekt
  • Seasoned Veteran
  • Maayti
    • View Profile
    • Ancient Land of Ys
Re: Elder Scrolls IV rating change
« Reply #1 on: May. 04, 2006, 08:28:33 AM »
The content causing the ESRB to change the rating involves more detailed depictions of blood and gore than were considered in the original rating, as well as the presence of a locked-out art file or 'skin' that, if accessed through a third party modification to the PC version of the game, allows the user to play with topless versions of female characters," said the ESRB in a release.

Idiots! "Locked out" -- obviously the PATCH adds the new textures, etc. What if someone would make another patch that allows you to mercilessly rape children or something of that nature -- THEN what would happen? Would they change the rating again?
DVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:

Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: ! Sir, the door was open.

Offline MonCapitan

• Hapless Fledgling
  • Cute Widdle Moogle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May. 04, 2006, 11:36:37 AM »
I think changing the rating over boobies is fucking stupid.  It should be M for blood and gore not naked tits.

Offline ViperD

• Eager Initiate
  • Silly gilly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May. 04, 2006, 03:18:18 PM »
While the nudity part did trigger the ESRB to check into the game, the rating change is really because of the blood and gore. It was an over-site by the ESRB when they rated it T. I think most game sites have updated their news with the official response about it.

Offline JoeQuaker

• Mad Scientist
  • Experienced Guildsman
  • Joe TalksToTheWind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May. 04, 2006, 04:57:32 PM »
Hmm so the story has been updated. Well, I still think that violence, blood and gore were stated to begin with (at least that's what I read the old label said) clear enough for any parent to see, but I haven't actually played this game so I can't say to what degree of violence it really is. The fact that the game would need a rating change just over a patch that has to actually be added, and not an underlying element like hot coffee, makes re-rating this game seem ridiculous. I agree. Perhaps the media exploited the nudity aspect of the story? Imagine my shock (heh-heh).

Tecmos Deception 1 seemed very sadistic and violent to me playing it about 8 years or so ago... I believe it was rated T. But I guess we all know as time goes on, the rating system gets stricter and games become more graphic.

I remember picking up Leisure Suit Larry 3 from Babbages when I was about 13 ;) Times have changed for sure...
« Last Edit: May. 04, 2006, 04:59:54 PM by JoeQuaker »

Offline Dave Shadoff

• Hapless Fledgling
  • Ys IV Localizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May. 04, 2006, 09:45:47 PM »
It sounded to me like the "real" models are layered 3-D wireframes - 1 for the body, and 1 for the "clothing", and that a mod could change the opacity of the clothing layer.  I understand this was done also in The Sims 2 - although hackers added shading for the areolas to complete the effect.

I think the change to "M" rating was done because too many people in the USA are too sensitive to this, and somehow think that "technically possible" = "accidentally likely".  They tried to deflect from the political nature of this decision by saying something like, "oh yeah, and on second thought it's more violent than we thought too...".

The really odd thing to me though, is how violence is often deemed less serious than sex in the USA.  It completely baffles me.

One "letter to the editor" of a web news service I often read, states it plainly when referring to the story:
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=31454  (about halfway down the page)

"Subject: Elder Scrolls Oblivion mod makes girls' tops fall off

I really have to laugh. Think about what tits are for, and then explain to me how the sight of them is harmful to children.

Jude Suszko"

Offline MonCapitan

• Hapless Fledgling
  • Cute Widdle Moogle
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May. 07, 2006, 08:22:22 AM »
While the nudity part did trigger the ESRB to check into the game, the rating change is really because of the blood and gore. It was an over-site by the ESRB when they rated it T. I think most game sites have updated their news with the official response about it.
According to the response by Bethesda Softworks, they stated that they were given an extensive accounting of the content in the game.  I have a copy of the pre-rerated game and it states on the back "Blood and Gore" among other things.  The reason they re-rated the game was because of the digital boobies.  The game should have been rated "M" to begin with, but not because of a bunch of pixelated breasts.

If the ESRB actually played the fucking games they rated, this would not be a problem. 

If I sound a bit harsh, I apologise in advance.  It's just that it really pisses me off that nudity is treated as somehow being worse than violence.  That is an attitude that I vehemently disagree with.
« Last Edit: May. 07, 2006, 08:23:54 AM by MonCapitan »

Offline JoeQuaker

• Mad Scientist
  • Experienced Guildsman
  • Joe TalksToTheWind
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May. 09, 2006, 08:21:13 AM »
More of the same...

E3 Expo Bans 'Booth Babes'
http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,70075-0.html

Noooooo!!!!!!!

I got to thinking today... hmm E3 2006. Wonder what the booth babes look like this year and I come accross this story. Ok that's it. I've said it before, but I really mean it this time; I officially give up on American society  :~(

« Last Edit: May. 09, 2006, 08:22:08 AM by JoeQuaker »

Offline Guile

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jun. 10, 2006, 03:15:14 PM »
hm the game has a guy naked and skined and tortued(db quest) plus you can see the horses, rats etc ass, also don't forget the blood, perfect dark only has blood( no gore or faul language) and is rated mature opposed to 007 being T