In dedication of XSEED Games and the WyrdWad KKK Witch era, we present Jeff "DeuceBag" Nussbaum in his own words:

Why, if I didn't know any better, I'd say Psycho Jeff is involving/attacking innocent families of neo-geo.com fans he wants to see die and help kill [painfully]!! Remember how a defining part of the WyrdWad era was equating targets to Hitler/Nazis ? Isn't this rant a Nazi eugenicist speech ? The "superior" fat, bald, cock-flasher says certain people AND their offspring need to be eliminated for being inferior, who represent a "pollution" of the human gene pool... It sure sounds like a Nazi speech to me by Jeff here, am I wrong XSEED fans/shills ?? Looking at you, DigitalEmelas! I mean, if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, ya know ?? What do I know right? Everybody's ignoring it and other XSEED embarrassments...

Not the first time either: when one of his bosses fired him (shock!), he not only wanted him dead but implied his kids must be as horribly ugly as he is! He didn't think anyone would read his blog, but like omgfloofy says, "Know your translator..." I was also added to his kill-list when I trolled him on Kotaku's KKK Witches article (he wants me to die by an acid bath)... Another funny anecdote: while there are ambulance-chasers, Bankruptcy Jeff falls under the rare ambulance-crasher category, haha! Imagine being condemned, defamed, lied about by a complete psychotic mess of a manchild after massively cheating you who turns out was deflecting from deep mental problems & his own PR liabilities! This unhinged hypocrite bigoted bastard showing up from neo-geo.com in my forums/projects to get up on his high horse to smear me as an "embarassment" had A LOT of fucking nerve! BURN IN HELL!!

So...I finally figured out why all of XSEED/WyrdWad's friends can be credited for just about anything (including Ys Celceta DVD piracy) but I cannot (they have VERY high standards for people of good/moral character, you see):
While you are NOT credit-worthy, bold/bald/fat homicidal cock-flashers & wyrdwad pedophiles ARE 'acceptable' for being credited on XSEED Games' localizations...

Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: Best version of each Ys: say what you think!  (Read 3974 times)

Offline Red Hairdo

• Hapless Fledgling
  • Red-haired swordsmen...What makes them so special?
    • View Profile
Best version of each Ys: say what you think!
« on: May. 05, 2006, 06:32:30 PM »
 I have been thinking about this for quite a time already. So here is what this topic is about: There have been tons of Ys games that were released for lots of consoles, like Ys I, II and III. In the series, there have been a total of six "chapters". In the SNES, for example, Ys III, IV, V and V Expert were made.  Ys III, for example, was made for many other consoles as well like the Mega Drive (Genesis), NES, PC (Oath in Felghana), PS2, MSX2 and many others. But which console had the best of all those Ys III? That is what this topic is about. =) So, everyone say which version you think it's the best.

FOR EXAMPLE: (Let's suppose someone wrote this:)

- Best Ys I version -------> PC Windows (Ys I COMPLETE) (===> In this case, since there are 2 of the same Ys for the PC, you have to say which one is better)

- Best Ys II version ------> PC Windows (Ys II COMPLETE) (===> In this case, since there are 2 of the same Ys for the PC, you have to say which one is better) - Best Ys III version -----> Genesis/Mega Drive

- Best Ys IV version ----->  Turbo Grafx CD/PCEngine (I know Dawn of Ys and Mask of the Sun are different games, but they are still different versions of the same game: Ys IV)

- Best Ys V version ------>  SNES (Ys V Expert ===> In this case, since there are 2 "Ys V" for SNES, you have to say which one is better)

-Best Ys VI version ------> PSP

That above was just an EXAMPLE... I hope I could explain well how this works. =P

Now... starting the topic, this is what I think:

-Best Ys I -----> TurboGrafx CD/ PCEngine
 -Best Ys II ----> TurboGrafx CD/ PCEngine
 -Best Ys III ---> PS2
 -Best Ys IV ---> Don't know! O_O
 -Best Ys V  ---> PS2 (I think...though I haven't played this version YET...)
 -Best Ys VI ---> PS2

So, voice your oppinion!

Offline Seldane

• Dulk Dekt
  • Seasoned Veteran
  • Maayti
    • View Profile
    • Ancient Land of Ys
Re: Best version of each Ys: say what you think!
« Reply #1 on: May. 05, 2006, 06:56:12 PM »
Best Ys I: X68000. Awesome gameplay, awesome music, awesome graphics. Everything's awesome and this is definitely the ultimate version of Ys I in my opinion.

Best Ys II: PC-8801. I love this one. The gameplay in particular is fantastic.

Best Ys III: PS2. The graphics are incredible. I love the hand-drawn backgrounds. The X68000 version is a close second.

Best Ys IV: Mask of the Sun. It is the original. The story's fantastic.

Best Ys V: Ys V Expert -- SFC. Identical as the original, but harder. Ys V was too easy.

Best Ys VI: PS2. It is in English. The 3D models are better than the 2D sprites. The game features a full voice over. Too bad the framerate is so low.

THE WORST Ys GAMES

Worst Ys I: DOS. Just terrible. I can't stand this one. Terrible gameplay. Terrible music. Terrible graphics. ...But what to expect? It is a DOS game after all...

Worst Ys II: Famicom. I hate the music, I hate the graphics, I hate the gameplay...

Worst Ys III: PC Engine/Turbo Grafx 16-CD ROM. I hate everything about this one. Mainly the TERRIBLE gameplay. The graphics are awful, the music's dull and the voice acting is ... wow...

Worst Ys IV: PS2. This is THE worst game I have ever played in my life. Period.

Worst Ys V: PS2. This is the #2 worst game I have ever played in my life. Period.

Worst YsVI: PSP. Terrible port. Awful frame rate. Long loading times.
DVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:

Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: ! Sir, the door was open.

Offline Dark Fact

• Hapless Fledgling
  • Justice is not blind. For I am her eyes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May. 05, 2006, 09:12:08 PM »
Best Ys I: Fujitsu Micro 7/77 Port (The full version of Final Battle is played in this version), followed by Ys Eternal (Not Complete... ETERNAL, the very FIRST release, where Dark Fact was INFERNAL to beat)
Best Ys II: MSX2 (It is one of the HARDEST Ys II around.) Ys II Special for DOS comes in second.
Best Ys III: Oath in Felghana (I think that storywise it's how Ys III should've been)
Best Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys (Need to say anything else ?)
Best Ys V: Ys V Expert  (Time Attack RULES)
Best Ys VI: Pc version (It'll remain like this until another port comes around)
"When the six Books are gathered, a great power will be revealed...
Sadly, you are not fated to see it!"

Offline MonCapitan

• Hapless Fledgling
  • Cute Widdle Moogle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May. 05, 2006, 09:59:56 PM »
I haven't played all the game sin the series so I can't really comment.  The games I did play, I only played one version of them.  I will get to play the Complete version of Ys once Himeyashop ships the thing to me.

Offline JoeQuaker

• Mad Scientist
  • Experienced Guildsman
  • Joe TalksToTheWind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May. 06, 2006, 09:16:35 AM »
Being a TurboDuo owner I'm pretty partial to those versions ;) There are things I like better about the Super Famicom version of Ys 3 (like the intro) but weird scrolling backgrounds and all... I like the feel of the Turbografx CD best.

Worst Ys I: DOS. Just terrible. I can't stand this one. Terrible gameplay. Terrible music. Terrible graphics. ...But what to expect? It is a DOS game after all...

LOL!!! I tried it with the DOSbox emulator... it is. I was playing games like Ultima V for DOS back then when that would have come out and probably wouldn't have lasted an hour playing that crap version of Ys.
« Last Edit: May. 06, 2006, 09:24:03 AM by JoeQuaker »

Offline Seldane

• Dulk Dekt
  • Seasoned Veteran
  • Maayti
    • View Profile
    • Ancient Land of Ys
« Reply #5 on: May. 06, 2006, 10:24:22 AM »
I've actually made it to the second mirror maze in the DOS version of Ys I. I got stuck there, though. There's something about it that I like, but I can't put my finger on what.

Ys II SPECIAL (another DOS game) is incredible, though. But most people will disagree with me. I also hate the fact that it is impossible to get past the Ice Ridge ... (the game crashes.) :P
DVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:

Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: ! Sir, the door was open.